Text Size

When to get legal advice

answered 02:37 PM EST, Thu October 31, 2013
anger problems alcoholism mental disorders can my boyfriend use his issues to help him fighting a assault charge he wasnt un his right mind

Dyan Kolb Says...

Hello. Your question sounds more like a legal question. I would recommend that he seek legal advice if he caught a case while under the influence. There are so many variables that the legal system takes into account when determining the consequences of an offense. I would, however, recommend that your boyfriend seek mental health services to address any underlying mental health issues, and definitely not drink alcohol at this time if there are legal issues pending. Perhaps for some immediate support around staying away from alcohol he can go to www.aa.org to find a local Alcoholics Anonymous support group near him. 

Best of Luck,


Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Nov 01, 2013

Topics Covered by this Expert
Alcoholic Anger Anger Management Drug Court Legal Problems

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »
Scan to call us
using your phone camera app