Rev. Christopher L. Smith
- Ask Him a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Relational Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Family/Marital Therapy, Interpersonal, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Play Therapy
- Age Focus:
- Adults, Children, Teenagers
- Anger Management, Gay Lesbian Issues, Personality Disorders, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Trauma and PTSD, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Mood Disorders, Parenting, Spirituality, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Anxiety or Fears, Relationship Issues, Loss or Grief, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Apr 24, 2023
- Seeking Shalom
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- it is possible to find wholeness and peace.
- About My Work
- As people come to me, I treat them as whole people integrating in normal psychotherapeutic approaches with spiritual resources to help them on their journey to wholeness and peace. I work with individuals (children, adolescents and adults), couples (traditionally married and otherwise) and families (or units within a family) on a variety of issues that bring them into counseling as well as things that arise within counseling.
- My Story
- Details of my broad experience is available on my website. I combine together being an ordained minister (trained at Yale and currently serving in hospital and military chaplaincy) with background and credentials in mental health (licensed mental health counselor in New York and Indiana; licensed clinical addiction counselor in Indiana) to work with a client to find the best ways forward as they address their issues and move back to abundant life. throughout, the focus is on where the client is coming from.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Yale University|
|License issued in:||New York|
|License Expiry:||Apr 2026|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||greater than $150|
|Insurances accepted:||MHN/Managed Health Network, TRICARE, Other, APS Healthcare, GHI/Group Health Incorporated, Cigna, Out of Network, Health Net, ValueOptions|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Rev. Christopher Smith's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:53 - Jul 26, 2016 Substance Abuse Education for Youth
I am a scout leader working young teenage boys. Several of the parents have approached me and asked me to add a substance abuse prevention component to our curriculum. Drugs and alcohol are issues in our community. I am not sure whether or not I am ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:38 - Jul 22, 2016 Frustrated Teenager
idk what to do when my mom makes me feel so small and literally always puts me down, she says she hates me and she wants me out of her life, and everything is just getting worse. I've tried talking to my dad but he doesn't listen nor care because he ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:24 - Jul 22, 2016 Dealing with an Adolescent's Introversion
My 14 year old son is not interested in extracurricular or community activities. He is shy and he would rather be at home playing on his computer. I know he does not enjoy these things but I think they are important so I try to force him to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:10 - Jul 22, 2016 Helping a Teen - Helping Yourself
My son is 17 and he is addicted to marijuana. We have tried counseling and family counseling and nothing changes his habits. He says he is trying but that he cannot quit. I am not sure if he is really trying or not. He smokes multiple times each day ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:06 - Jul 22, 2016 Moving On In New Ways
My mom died last year and my dad took it really hard. He decided to go and see Angkor Wat a few months ago as this is something he had always wanted to do but my mom had been sick for a long time and unable to travel so he was not able to. My sister ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:11 - Nov 11, 2015 Is it about you?
Hello, I am writing to you because I read a question that someone had asked you a few years ago which was similar to my situation but not exactly. My 26 yr old son lives with me now and suffers from severe depression which is getting worse all the ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:44 - Oct 16, 2014 Is it okay to just try marijuana?
Hi. I am a 22 year old college graduate. Unlike every other person I know, I have never smoked marijuana or done any drug at all. This is always shocking to people when I tell them. I don’t know why now but I am curious to try marijuana. I am a ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:53 - Oct 08, 2014 Wanting a Teenager to Change
We are trying to get our son into a wilderness program. He is currently skipping school, smoking pot and with the wrong crowd. He has been diagnosed with ADD and depression. The friends he is with are no good and the so called girlfriend isn't ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:07 - Sep 05, 2014 Connecting with a Teenager
I need any advice on how to create a connection with my 16 year old son. I left him and his mother when he was just a baby. I was an alcoholic and actually she kicked me out, not that I made any effort to stay or to stay involved in his life. I sent ...
Facebook Share on Twitter 11:42 - Apr 14, 2014 Getting Marriage Therapy without Your Partner
Find out how marriage therapy can save your relationship - even when your partner won't get involved.