Text Size


answered 04:14 PM EST, Thu February 28, 2013
-- filed under:
I am married to a man (Oct 2,2012) who i knew enjoys his liquor. sometimes he drinks so much he looks like he could do damage to myself and my 13 yr old son.like he is a different person. He has threatened me and said he "doesnt want to be here" Of course he says he doesnt remember the next day. (Black outs?) Saturday he busted through our sliding glass door. (he couldnt believe he did this but he has stitches and the bill to have the glass replaced-over 300 dollars- but i will of course be paying for this) I have been looking through sights for places he can go but they all want 75 to 91 dollars a day for intreatment. i only make sixty dollars a day. He has been unemployeed since 2007. is there a place in colorado spring Co he can go to as an out patient? Virtually free if not completely? He hasnt been to a doctor to say he is depressed but i know what i see and he is.

Lita Perna Says...

Lita Perna L. Perna
MA, Family and Community Counseling

You need to get away now…immediately… from this man to protect yourself and your son.

You’re correct. He could do damage to you and your son.

If you stay, he probably will.

This is a warning.

It will get worse.

He is dangerous.

Let him get his own help for himself. He is not your job.

Raising your son in a healthy and safe environment is your job.

You need to put yourself and your son first.

You're on a dangerous path.

And so is your son.

Related Expert Answers:

Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Feb 28, 2013

Addictions: Featured Experts
All Experts

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »
Scan to call us
using your phone camera app