I can help
Have I done any damage to my baby yet from the marijuana and valium and will I have to stop valium all of a sudden or will I have to taper down? If I have to taper do you know how quickly I will have to do this. I am very scared at the idea of withdrawals because when I stopped completely a year ago I felt like I was going to die but I want to do the right thing.
Dr. Steven Brodsky Says...
I think I can help you, but I need more information in order to advise you best. Please answer each of the following questions one at a time:
1. Can you please tell me when and in which situations you feel anxiety (or avoid or overcompensate) the MOST and in which situations you feel anxious the LEAST.
2. Please revisit my websites at www.ocdhotline.com and www.anxietyhotline.com and check the symptom lists and self-tests and tell me whether the problem you are seeking help with is OCD, social anxiety, agoraphobia/panic, or PTSD.
3. Do you experience anxiety or avoid traveling alone to faraway or new places, enclosed spaces that you can't exit (subways, elevators, planes, bridges, expressways, etc.), being in the middle of a crowd or a full theater, or big deserted spaces (empty malls, deserted park), or being alone in your home?
4. Do you frequently look for exits or escape routes from situations, or do you ever depend upon a "safe" person(s) to accompany your.
5. Do you have bothersome thoughts or worries that you can't stop and feel a need to keep checking, getting reassurance, or avoiding situations.
6. Do you experience discomfort in or avoid certain social situations or presentations, or do you work very hard to overcompensate in social situations?
7. Do you have flashbacks, as if you're really living in a past traumatic situation, have a "startle response" to sudden noises, or feel as if people are trying to harm you.
I look forward to hearing back from you. Please also tell me where you live or work.
Page last updated Oct 12, 2012