Text Size

Alcoholism Recovery Employment Assistance in Mass.

answered 10:42 PM EST, Sun July 28, 2013
anonymous anonymous
I am wondering if The Mass Rehabilitation Commission assists recovering alcoholics with finding a job or computer training.

John Lee Says...

I took a look at their website, specifically their service authorization determination criteria, and it seems that in order to be eligible for services you'd need to have a primary mental health disorder (other than substance abuse) or other disability as well being in recovery in order to receive services.

Their website is not totally clear, though, so I'd definitely recommend calling up your local DMH site office to ask that question more directly. Here's a link to a contact page that's listed by city - town - county. http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/provider/guidelines-resources/clinical-treatment/mental-health/dmh-offices/alphabetic-index.html  Good luck,

Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Jul 28, 2013

Social Issues: Featured Experts
All Experts

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »
Scan to call us
using your phone camera app