Text Size

An IN-PERSON CONSULTATION is needed to Diagnose your situation.

answered 10:26 AM EST, Thu September 20, 2012
anonymous anonymous
What does it mean if I am starting to have anger control and impulse control problems in my 30s. I have never before had a problem managing my anger but recently I find it just bubbles up so suddenly out of nowhere and it's more than I can control and 3 times in the last 2 months I have gotten violent with another person and this is more times than in the past 20 years before this. It's like this rage swells up and before I know it I am lashing out without even thinking about it. Should I be worried about a brain tumor or something? Why else would this change in behavior be happening to me in my adult years?

Dr. Shirley Schaye Says...

I have not had an in-depth, in-person consultation with you so cannot really say what is going on. I would need to know so...ooo very much about you to determine why this is happening more now --- like, e.g., a complete history of your family background, who are you getting angry with, what is this person doing that is making you lose it like that. Of course, I cannot say if there is a physical, organic reason. That, of course, would need to be ruled out by a neurologist. Psychologically, as I already said, you would need an IN-PERSON CONSULTATION to determine what is going on. If you tell me your city, state and zip code I will help you find someone with the proper training who would be able to diagnose what is going on.

Dr. Shirley Schaye

Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Sep 20, 2012

Counseling: Featured Experts
All Experts
Topics Covered by this Expert
Adolescent Mental Health Paranoia Psychoanalysis

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »
Scan to call us
using your phone camera app