Home \ Expert Q & A \ Alcoholism \ Alcoholism: Scott Graham \ An MD is critical in assessing potential damage from alcohol or drug use
Text Size

An MD is critical in assessing potential damage from alcohol or drug use

answered 02:00 PM EST, Tue April 17, 2012
anonymous anonymous
How do I know if I have liver damage from drinking. I do not drink every day but I do get drunk 3 or 4 times a week for about 20 years. Now in the morning after I get drunk my insides kind of hurt but it goes away if I do not drink again.

Scott Graham Says...

You sound concerned about your health and worried about potential damage your drinking could have caused.

The only way to know what is going on is to make and appointment with an MD.

Although there are numerous articles on the net, including this one, which outline signs and symptoms for liver damage, the only way to know for certain is to see a doctor in person for an evaluation.  (The liver is not the only organ vulnerable from alcohol abuse.  Your stomach and your pancreas could be damaged and the cause of your pain).

Don't wait, call an MD today!

Email It Send this page Print It Print friendly page Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Apr 17, 2012

Alcoholism: Featured Experts
All Experts

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »