Home \ Expert Q & A \ Addiction Treatment \ Addiction Treatment: Anna Deeds \ Drug Treatment for the Uninsured
Text Size

Drug Treatment for the Uninsured

Comments (7)
answered 07:54 AM EST, Wed January 30, 2013
I have signed up for this web site for my brother. My brother David is a meth abuser and he has a wife and 2 boys under the age of 8. We grew up around this surroundings with my parents. He is finally wanting the help a 6-9 month program that will detox him, send him through a program, and then maybe a half way house too let him back into society. I live in TX and there's not really many options considering we have no insurance on him and plus he doesn't work at the moment. I am really hoping you could turn me too the right direction and help me out. Thanks for you taking your time too read this. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Anna Deeds Says...

Anna Deeds A. Deeds

Thank you for your question. You are very caring to try to help your brother. He will need all the support he can get. I think it's wonderful that he is willing to attend such a long treatment program. The longer the treatment he does and the more work he puts into it, the better chance he will have at staying in recovery.

Addiction is considered a disease by the medical community. Because of this, David would be considered to have a disability that needs medical treatment. He should qualify for state funded medical assistance.

I found a website called 211 Help in Texas and have included a link through which you can search for treatment in your area. You can also dial 211 on your phone for information. You may also want to do a search for drug and alcohol treatment through your local county. Many counties will fund treatment for people who don't qualify for state assistance.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Email It Send this page Print It Print friendly page Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Jul 22, 2016

Addiction Treatment: Featured Experts
All Experts

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »