Jennifer A. Hamilton
- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Eclectic, Family/Marital Therapy, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Age Focus:
- Teenagers, Adults
- Testing/Assessment, Anxiety or Fears, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Trauma and PTSD, Personality Disorders, OCD, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Mood Disorders, Parenting, Compulsive Disorders, Other, Spirituality, Chronic Pain or Illness, ADHD, Impulse Control Disorders, Relationship Issues, Women, Thinking Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Mar 14, 2014
- Counseling Associates
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- I love God and he gave me a great family. He is my inspiration for my work as well.
- About My Work
- I am working in private practice at Counseling Associates in Owensboro, KY. I will do both substance abuse and mental health assessments and evaluations for adolescents and adults. I provide individual, family and sometimes group counseling for addictions to food, drugs, alcohol, relationships and other addictive agents.
- My Story
- I am not sure I chose this field, I think the field chose me. I am passionate about helping others with drug and alcohol issues. My specialty is helping adolescents and their families. I also have a specialty with adults and adolescents who have mental health issues along with the substance abuse issues. I am a recovering alcoholic with nine years since my last use. I come from a family that dies from the disease of addiction. The family is also plagued by depression and anxiety disorders.
|Years in Practice:||15+ Years|
|Graduated from:||University of Louisville|
|Other Credentials:||Certificate, Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors, 2007|
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Insurances accepted:||Magellan Behavioral Health, Behavioral Health Systems, United Behavioral Healthcare, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Corphealth, Anthem, MHN/Managed Health Network, GHI/Group Health Incorporated, Aetna, Medicare, APS Healthcare, Beech Street, Humana, Cigna|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Jennifer Hamilton's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:35 - Jul 22, 2016 High functioning alcoholics
Do high functioning alcoholics eventually stop being high functioning or can some people keep it together forever?
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:13 - Jul 18, 2016 Alternatives to AA
The cult thing of AA kind of weirds me out. I know there are some different options and I’m in NYC so I’ve got the pick of pretty much anything. Can you recommend a non ‘higher power’ and ‘powerlessness’ driven support group like AA that works well. ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:11 - Jul 18, 2016 Affordable Alcohol Rehab. Where to find it?
I have about 5 thousand dollars. I would like to send my wife to a rehab for her problem with drinking and pills. She has agreed that she needs help and will says she will go. Most of the rehabs that I have called in the telephone cost considerably ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:11 - Jul 18, 2016 Medications and sex drive
I have heard that depression medications will ruin your sex life. Is this true? Are there any types of depression medications that do not affect your sex life as much as other types?
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:10 - Jul 18, 2016 What to tell the kids?
My husband has a problem with crack cocaine. He can sometimes control it but will often disappear off on multi day binges. For reasons to complicated to get into here I stay with him, but our kids are getting older, they are now 3 and 5 and they ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:11 - Oct 22, 2014 Triggering the reward pathway in the brain
I don’t have a drinking problem but I have had meth and cocaine issues in the past. These days whenever I have even a half a beer I get the cocaine itch and 2 or 3 times out of ten if I have a few beers it will end up in a cocaine binge. I don’t ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:20 - Sep 23, 2014 Interventions
I understand that one person can’t make another person want to accept addiction but when it’s a literal life and death situation are there any more extreme things a family can do to get the person to understand that they are killing themselves? My ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:52 - Jun 05, 2014 Alcohol problem?
My crew go out for beers most day after clocking out. Just a couple of beers we are not getting wasted. I think about those beers a lot like right from after lunch break I am dreaming about them and I think about them all day. Apparently this is not ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:34 - May 25, 2014 Alcoholic Neuropathy
My wife is complaining that she can’t feel her legs very well and I can see that she is weak and unstable. She is a heavy drinker and she has been drinking at least a bottle of wine each night for about 5 years, and often times it is two bottles a ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:07 - Apr 17, 2014 Snorting prescribed medicine
I just saw my dad crush up a pill and snort it. He has bad back pain and he gets opiate drugs for it but I do not know what ones. He has alot in his medicine cabinet because he has had chronic pain for about 4 years since a car accident. I have not ...