Dr. Karl Benzio
- Ask Him a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Coaching, Transpersonal, Eclectic, Existential, Other, Interpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Seniors, Teenagers, Adults
- Anger Management, Divorce, Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Spirituality, Other, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Finding Your Purpose in Life, Gay Lesbian Issues, Parenting, Women, Sex Therapy, Psychosis, Mood Disorders, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Chronic Pain or Illness, Loss or Grief, Dissociative Disorders, Life Coaching, Thinking Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Personality Disorders, Impulse Control Disorders, Relationship Issues, Eating Disorders, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Signed up:
- Jul 31, 2011
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- God has blessed me with so much, that out of gratitude, i want to serve Him with all i got, every day!.
- About My Work
- I am a psychiatrist, have a small but busy private practice, but founded and run a nonprofit organization, Lighthouse Network. We help people all over the country get addiction and mental health care. we also develop curriculum and resources for treatment programming and self growth. a unique and significant focus of our materials is the practical Christian perspective we bring that "heals the broken hearted and sets the captive free." it is a calling for us and we are blessed to be able to honor God with our service to those who need help.
- My Story
- God has blessed me to take my unique spiritual curriculum and philosophy to very troubled areas in Iraq, Uganda, Kenya, and Katrina relief efforts. i've given expert testimony to the President's Bioethics Committee, US Congress, and PA State Congress helping clarify controversial issues. i have played a powerful part in God transforming people's lives. But, i am a recovering alcoholic, actually addicted to control, and have been in jail for 6 counts of aggravated assault on police officers as well as other charges, all in the midst of medical school. So i have been on both ends of the treatment process, giving me a unique perspective. Now, i am thankful, but back then, i thought my life was over, until God made Himself, His grace, and His plan for me very clear to me while i was in jail. Otherwise, i am happily married to a woman who loves me unconditionally that i don't deserve and i have 3 great girls age 19,16, and 11. i love sports and believe everyone can get better because God's peace and grace are available for anyone, no matter how "bad" we are, because He was there for me.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||UC-Irvine Psychiatry Residency|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||greater than $150|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Dr. Karl Benzio's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:29 - Jul 22, 2016 Hepatitis C options do not include Marijuana!
I just found out that I have hepatitis c. Is it ok for me to still smoke marijuana? I am pretty worried about my health now and I want to start living clean but I am having trouble giving up smoking, alcohol and weed all at the same time. I would ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:32 - Apr 16, 2012 Marijuana Affects Brain Cells
I quit smoking marijuana 9 days ago. I had been a long time heavy user but decided to quit because my wife is now pregnant and it was time to get serious about my life and get prepared for being a father and not a kid anymore. I have had this ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:52 - Mar 13, 2012 Holistic Tips for Transitioning off Painkillers
I take 2m Xanax everyday to help me with panic attacks (have them often) and have been on them for at least 4 years. Now, however, I am about to start taking Suboxone to help with my withdrawl symptoms from getting off of pain killers. My body is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:02 - Mar 13, 2012 Getting Started in the Addiction Field
HI, I am a student intern and would like to know if you know of any treatment centers here in Nevada that are qualified to supervise student interns? I am in the final phase of my MS in Psychology at this point. Any suggests if you don't know of ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:56 - Nov 16, 2011 Why aren't we all Alcoholics?
I heard a speaker at a conference talking about addiction and he was talking about a substance called THIQ. He said this substance was produced in the brain and it was the most addictive substance known to man. If that were so why isent everyone ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:32 - Sep 22, 2011 Self-Medicating with Alcohol and Xanax
I have GAD and panic disorder. I have been self medicating for a while with alcohol and Xanax and sometimes with opiates and things are getting kind of out of control for me and I’m not really sure how to stop and the biggest problem is the drugs ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:10 - Sep 11, 2011 Xanax Withdrawal / Detox
Ive been trying to detox from xanax i was at 3.0 a day i am now at 1.25 it has been very hard. i get pains in my stomach and a funny feeling in my head at times, is there any thing i can do to ease my withdraw symptoms.