Text Size

Commitment for Addiction

answered 05:30 PM EST, Tue March 06, 2012
-- filed under:
anonymous anonymous
i have a brother in law who h\is addicted to achoal and presc. pills and he has hit rock bottom and im afraid he is going to OD he really needs some help is there a law in oklahoma where his faimly can admit him forceably

Dr. David Sack Says...

You would need to contact an attorney for legal rights in your state. In most states it is possible to do a 72-hour hold if someone is a danger to themselves or others, but nothing much beyond that. 

Have you considered hiring a professional Interventionist who is certified? The right interventionist can make a huge difference.  

Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Mar 06, 2012

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »
Scan to call us
using your phone camera app