Text Size

Rehab without Insurance

answered 12:57 PM EST, Thu April 23, 2015
-- filed under: | |
anonymous anonymous
My son is a D&A addict with MH issues. He needs a longer term rehab facility that can also assist him with his MH issues. He recently lost his job and has no insurance. A few days after losing his job he was hospitalized in a BHU where he was started on meds for his MH issues. When he left there he went to a residential program paid for by the county for ten days. From there he was taken to a homeless shelter in the middle of a heavily drug affected area in a nearby, small city. He used again in just a few days. He desperately needs and wants help but we don't know how to get him help and my husband and I cannot afford to send him to a treatment facility. We live in PA. All help will be appreciated!

Jim LaPierre Says...

Thank you for reaching out with an important question. My heart goes out to your son and to your family. Treatment of every form is very expensive and for the uninsured it's often unattainable. The best resource I have seen for the uninsured are faith based rehabilitation programs. The Salvation Army in particular has been helpful to a lot of folks I've served. The Christianity of programs like these is objectionable to a lot of folks in early recovery and I urge them to use the "buffet approach" (take what you like and leave the rest). Try this link from SAMHSA for further options: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ Very best to you and yours, JIm

Email It Send this page Print It Print friendly page Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Apr 23, 2015

Addiction Treatment: Featured Experts
All Experts

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »