Home \ Expert Q & A \ Suboxone & Methadone \ Suboxone & Methadone: Dr. David Sack \ Suboxone while Working Part of the Year in Canada
Text Size

Suboxone while Working Part of the Year in Canada

answered 04:25 PM EST, Fri September 30, 2011
anonymous anonymous
I am opiate addicted but ready to quit the lifestyle. I am an American but I work in Canada for periods of up to 2 to 3 months at a time in the logging industry. In the past, I have had no problem scoring dope while up north, but this time I actually want to stay clean.

I am thinking about Suboxone but I have to go up north again in about 6 weeks. Will a doctor be able to prescribe me enough Suboxone to last me for my work abroad periods?

Will I have a problem getting it across the border? It would be ironic if I managed to avoid arrest after years of scoring dope only to get arrested for trying to get clean…

Dr. David Sack Says...

You should be able to bring legitimately prescribed drugs into Canada. Be sure to keep them in their original packaging and bring a copy of your original prescription from your doctor.  Suboxone is prescribed in Canada as well, so you might consider finding a doctor there just in case you are delayed in your travels or somehow lose them.

Email It Send this page Print It Print friendly page Subscribe Subscribe to this topic category

Page last updated Sep 30, 2011

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.

Find Treatment
Browse by region »