Dr. Katty (Coffron) Richardson
- Ask Her a Question
- Trauma Therapy
- Therapy Orientation:
- Relational Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), EMDR, Family/Marital Therapy, Interpersonal, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Existential, Other
- Age Focus:
- Trauma and PTSD, Divorce, OCD, EMDR, Spirituality, Anxiety or Fears, Relationship Issues, Loss or Grief, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Last updated:
- Mar 06, 2023
- Marriage Counseling and ...
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- with some effort, it can be joyous and peaceful!
- About My Work
I am goal oriented, so I have gravitated towards research based treatments that have proven track records.
I developed a specialty in EFT couples therapy because I get tremendous satisfaction when I am able to support a couple that was distressed, find connection, joy, and happiness in their relationships. I also believe that a good relationship can make a huge difference not just at home, but in life overall. With a secure, loving relationship, everything gets a little easier.
I developed a specialty in EMDR because I have found that most clients (and people in general) have experienced some form of trauma in the past, and EMDR is incredibly effective at helping individuals move past old hurts. It is amazing to watch the transformations that can happen in a person’s emotions and perceptions in a short period of time.
- My Story
- As a marriage counselor, anxiety / depression / trauma (EMDR) therapist in Arroyo Grande, CA, I will work together with you to find resolution and begin a reachable path to your goals and dreams. Through seeking help in the form of couples counseling or individual psychotherapy, I believe you are making a very important first step in the healing process, and my objective is to help you understand what is getting in the way of reaching your goals and overcome that. As a Certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist and individual counselor, I hold in high regard your dignity, values, and intentions. Please feel free to text or call to arrange for an appointment. If for any reason I cannot serve you, I will help you find another marriage and family therapist, clinical social worker, licensed professional clinical counselor, or psychologist in the Five Cities area who can serve as a qualified psychotherapist for you.
|Years in Practice:||15+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Santa Clara University|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Insurances accepted:||BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Victims of Crime, ValueOptions|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Dr. Katty (Coffron) Richardson's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:35 - Jul 25, 2012 Meditation - Friend or Foe?
My son has problems with anxiety and he has been diagnosed with social and GAD. He has not found medications to be an effective answer. Over the last few months he has become increasingly interested in meditation. He went on a week long retreat at ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:06 - Apr 23, 2012 You have options when in a difficult job...
I have a job right now that I don’t really like. Basically I am a new dad and my job demands that I be ready to work at any time, even evenings and weekends. The standard work week is probably close to 60 hours a week but it can be worse than this ...