- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Family/Marital Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Coaching, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Age Focus:
- Adults, Children, Teenagers
- Child or Adolescent Issues, Life Coaching, Mood Disorders, Parenting, Anxiety or Fears, Relationship Issues, Women, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Sep 10, 2012
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
- About My Work
- I run my private practice out of the wellness center that I also manage (The North Portland Growth Place). I work with adults, adolescents and children in the areas of depression, anxiety, life transition, relationships and parenting. I specialize in coaching working mothers to improve their stress management skills and move from overwhelm to balance and joy!
- My Story
- I graduated from Lewis & Clark College in 1997 with my Masters in Counseling Psychology. Since then I have worked as a therapist in various residential treatment agencies with adjudicated youth, youth in state custody, as well as their families. In 2005 I left agencies to focus on building my practice, after becoming a parent myself. I feel especially drawn to help working mothers manage their juggling act more effectively and without loosing sight of themselves.
|Years in Practice:||10+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Lewis & Clark College|
|License issued in:||Oregon|
|License Expiry:||Jun 2013|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$120 - $149|
|Insurances accepted:||Aetna, Out of Network, First Choice Health, Health Net, BlueCross and/or BlueShield|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Rachel Starck's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:15 - Jan 18, 2013 Postpartum Blues
My wife just gave birth to our daughter 6 days ago. She seems really depressed to me and she is crying a lot. I know this is kind of normal to be depressed after childbirth. She does not want to talk to anybody about what she is going through and ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:23 - Sep 18, 2012 Seductive Teen-Daughter
I am in a very difficult situation. My 14 year old daughter is flirting heavily with my new boyfriend and wearing inappropriate clothing around the house when he is over. She denies doing it but it is very awkward for him and for me. I think that ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:22 - Sep 18, 2012 New Parent Woes
We are a lesbian couple that has just adopted a beautiful baby girl. My partner and I have been together for 6 years and we both wanted this and worked very hard to get everything lined up and then after so many failures it all just happened and 3 ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:33 - Aug 17, 2012 Support vs Enabling
I have a 22 year old son who is a recovering Heroine/Blues (synthetic form of heroine?) addict. He was diagnosed with clinical depression in adolesence, was in juvenile detention from 14 to 17 and most recently in jail for the past 7 months for ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:08 - Aug 08, 2012 Out of Control Teenage Son
I can't control my 15 year old son and I don't know what do. He won't come home some nights and he doesn't answer my phone calls and then he is vague about where he has been. I ground him and he just doesn't come home again. I take away all his ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:15 - Aug 01, 2012 Drug-dealing adult son
My son is dealing drugs. He is 24 and he is a drug addict and I know now that he is supporting himself by dealing drugs. I have been wondering where he gets his money and I did not want to think the worst of him but his sisters finally told me the ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:37 - Jul 31, 2012 Forcing hope?
My dad's been drinking for 50 years and now the doctor says if he doesn’t stop he is going to die. He says he's too old to change now and that it is hopeless? I can understand how hard it must be to try to change after so long but I do not want to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:54 - Jul 26, 2012 2 Months Sober
My ex girlfriend had a drinking problem and it eventually got so bad that I ended the relationship because I couldn't deal with the constant problems anymore, though I still did and do love her. Now she has been going to AA and she is 2 months sober ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:52 - Jul 26, 2012 Clary Sage for Depression?
Do you know if aromatherapy can be a treatment for depression? A colleague at work is very into alternative health and when I confided in her about my dysthymia she said that clary sage in aromatherapy was a very effective treatment without any ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:28 - Jul 25, 2012 Fetal drug exposure
My daughter is 11 months old and she seems OK. Her mom did meth, crack, pills, alcohol and weed while she was pregnant. She did it mostly in the first few months and then she got her act together a bit but she still had some relapses all the way ...