Marcia Susan Starkman
- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Family/Marital Therapy, Coaching, Interpersonal, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Play Therapy
- Age Focus:
- Any age
- Anger Management, Gay Lesbian Issues, Anxiety or Fears, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Trauma and PTSD, Personality Disorders, Life Coaching, OCD, Mood Disorders, Parenting, Women, Other, Chronic Pain or Illness, ADHD, Relationship Issues, Infertility or Adoption, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Mar 05, 2015
- Marcia Starkman: ...
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- the alternative sucks!! ;-)
- About My Work
I am a warm, compassionate nurse psychotherapist, who wants to help you feel better about your self, your life, and your relationships.
If you are pregnant or a new mother, and you feel depressed, anxious, or just not like your "usual self", then I am the therapist for you. I've been helping women like you for many years.
I am very sensitive to the special concerns of women; depression, anxiety, caretaking, body image, life transitions, parenting, relationships with other people and issues with food and eating.
I also have experience as a world traveler and can help with your issues related to present stresses and the "baggage your brought with you from home."
I use an eclectic approach that will help empower you to help yourself.
I work out of my home office and also offer online, video, and email counseling. I see clients during the day, evenings, and weekends, in my location or at their preferred location (home or office).
I DO NOT PRESCRIBE MEDICATIONS OR OFFER CRISIS SERVICES.
- My Story
I have been a nurse for more than 35 years and am a board certified psychiatric clinical nurse specialist in private practice in Miami. I also teach mental health nursing at Keiser University.
I offer individual, couple and group psychotherapy. I specialize in all women's mental health issues and am an expert in perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
My clinical interests are: womens mental health and the use of the Internet to provide quality counseling services.
|Years in Practice:||30+ Years|
|Graduated from:||University of Pennsylvania|
|Other Credentials:||Certificate, American Nurses Credentialing Center, Board Certified Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist PMHCNS-BC, 1985|
|Technologies:||Breakthrough, Liveperson, Skype|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||Sliding Scale|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit