- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Gestalt
- Age Focus:
- Any age, Adults
- Anger Management, Sex Therapy, Personality Disorders, Divorce, Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Thinking Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Relationship Issues, Women, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Last updated:
- Mar 13, 2013
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- There are so many incredible, loving people in my life.
- About My Work
- I am an addiction counselor in private practice. I worked for 5 years in methadone maintenance treatment counseling addicts. I created a company called Challenging Addiction to help alcoholics and addicts find recovery.
- My Story
- I am a recovering addict and a Licensed Professional Counselor. I have over 6 years clean from all substances and more than 10 years from illicit drugs. I work as an addiction counselor and have more than 5 years experience counseling addicts.
|Years in Practice:||5 Years|
|Graduated from:||Duquesne University|
|License issued in:||Pennsylvania|
|License Expiry:||Feb 2015|
|Other Credentials:||Membership, American Counseling Association, National Certified Counselor, 2006|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||less than $80|
|Insurances accepted:||BlueCross and/or BlueShield|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Anna Deeds's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:59 - Jul 23, 2014 How to find a Detox
I have been dealing with a basic opiate addiction for almost two years now. I was first using opiate pills. I tried to get off of them by going to a methadone clinic. Unfortunately the methadone clinic is too far away and does not accept any ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:52 - Jul 02, 2014 Opening a Sober Living Home
I want to open a sober house in Philadelphia. I am not a guy that is trying to capitalize on others misfortune and just doing this for the money like I know a lot of people that start sober homes are I am a recovering alcoholic with 4 years of ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:26 - Jun 18, 2014 Sickness when Starting Suboxone
I tried suboxone for about2-3 days and I got so sick. I vomited at least 4 times that day. I was very nauseated and couldn't keep any food or liquids down. Also I had a horrible headache like someone was beating me in the head with a hammer. I don't ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:26 - Jun 09, 2014 Is Withdrawal Worse the Longer You are on Suboxone?
I have heard some real horror stories about how hard the withdrawals are from Suboxone. Will the withdrawals be a lot harder if I take the drug for a longer time? If I take it for only 3 months and then start to get off slowly will that be a lot ...
Facebook Share on Twitter 12:48 - Jun 07, 2014 Heroin Addiction Treatment - Five Treatment Options
For anyone struggling with heroin addiction, the treatment options can sometimes seem confusing and overwhelming. Learn what treatments are available to stop using heroin and which one may be right for you or your loved one.
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:01 - Jun 02, 2014 Suboxone Patients Need Treatment
Suboxone is making me feel mentally paralyzed. I always made huge decisions on the spur of the moment on impulse. I made a lot of really bad decisions and they cost me everything. Five months on Suboxone and I do not want that crazy life any more ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:51 - Jun 02, 2014 Wife Picking up the Pieces after Rehab
my husband is in an inpatient treatment facility getting help for crack/cocaine/soboxone/xanax. Before he left he left a trail of damage that hasnt been dealt with leaving me angry and alone once again. I want him to get the help he needs and live a ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:28 - Jun 02, 2014 Sober Living House Neighbor Nightmare
I want to know how people in the addiction treatment industry can sleep at night when they have no problem ruining normal people’s lives while they go home to some rich gated community to sleep at night. What are you supposed to do when the house ...