- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Gestalt
- Age Focus:
- Any age, Adults
- Anger Management, Sex Therapy, Personality Disorders, Divorce, Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Thinking Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Relationship Issues, Women, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Last updated:
- Apr 08, 2015
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- There are so many incredible, loving people in my life.
- About My Work
- I am an addiction counselor in private practice. I worked for 5 years in methadone maintenance treatment counseling addicts. I created a company called Challenging Addiction to help alcoholics and addicts find recovery.
- My Story
- I am a recovering addict and a Licensed Professional Counselor. I have over 6 years clean from all substances and more than 10 years from illicit drugs. I work as an addiction counselor and have more than 5 years experience counseling addicts.
|Years in Practice:||5 Years|
|Graduated from:||Duquesne University|
|License issued in:||Pennsylvania|
|License Expiry:||Feb 2017|
|Other Credentials:||Membership, American Counseling Association, National Certified Counselor, 2006|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||less than $80|
|Insurances accepted:||BlueCross and/or BlueShield|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Anna Deeds's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:02 - Oct 30, 2014 Searches in Detox
No money so how can I get treatment like a human being? I was treated like a criminal and a scumbag even though I had come voluntarily. I kid you not they even wanted to body cavity search me but I refused and they backed down because they had to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:44 - Oct 30, 2014 Opening a Sober Living House
Dear Anna, I'm writing this letter on behalf of my client who is in process of opening up a profit Sober Living Home in NJ or PA. The client is intending to seek legal help on matters relating to: 1. Opening up of a Sober Living Home 2. ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:54 - Sep 10, 2014 Article Response
Hello Anna. I've just read your article on the dangers of combining methadone (or suboxone) with benzodiazepines. It is very clear & well-written in my opinion. I have been on methadone for 14 years & my most common 'reward to self' has been ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:03 - Aug 06, 2014 Alcoholism Treatment without Insurance
Hi, I'm an EAP Coordinator and have a friend who is suffering from Alcoholism. She has no insurance but wants help. I do not want her to detox by herself. Any suggestions on where to send her? Outpatient will not work. Thanks, Mike
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:59 - Jul 23, 2014 How to find a Detox
I have been dealing with a basic opiate addiction for almost two years now. I was first using opiate pills. I tried to get off of them by going to a methadone clinic. Unfortunately the methadone clinic is too far away and does not accept any ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:52 - Jul 02, 2014 Opening a Sober Living Home
I want to open a sober house in Philadelphia. I am not a guy that is trying to capitalize on others misfortune and just doing this for the money like I know a lot of people that start sober homes are I am a recovering alcoholic with 4 years of ...