- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Gestalt
- Age Focus:
- Any age, Adults
- Anger Management, Sex Therapy, Personality Disorders, Divorce, Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Thinking Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Relationship Issues, Women, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Last updated:
- Mar 13, 2013
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- There are so many incredible, loving people in my life.
- About My Work
- I am an addiction counselor in private practice. I worked for 5 years in methadone maintenance treatment counseling addicts. I created a company called Challenging Addiction to help alcoholics and addicts find recovery.
- My Story
- I am a recovering addict and a Licensed Professional Counselor. I have over 6 years clean from all substances and more than 10 years from illicit drugs. I work as an addiction counselor and have more than 5 years experience counseling addicts.
|Years in Practice:||5 Years|
|Graduated from:||Duquesne University|
|License issued in:||Pennsylvania|
|License Expiry:||Feb 2015|
|Other Credentials:||Membership, American Counseling Association, National Certified Counselor, 2006|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||less than $80|
|Insurances accepted:||BlueCross and/or BlueShield|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Anna Deeds's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:45 - Nov 29, 2013 Denial in Alcoholism
Can you drink enough to get stomach varices that burst open and cause you to almost bleed to death out of your rectum and from vomiting up blood if you are not an alcoholic? I knew my brother was drinking a lot but I did not think it was this bad. ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:02 - Nov 12, 2013 Cough Syrup Abuse
I am taking dxm a lot. Everyday to second plateau or higher and I have been doing this for about 10 months. I am addicted. Now I feel like I have to urinate like 50 times a day and when I go hardly anything comes out. I am scared but I still cant ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:28 - Nov 01, 2013 When Will the Cravings Stop?
Hi. I am 9 months clean from opiates that I abused for 3 years. I got clean by using the miracle of Suboxone. What is am wondering is when I will stop craving drugs. I still get strong cravings every day and I thought they would be gone by now.
Facebook Share on Twitter 09:28 - Oct 09, 2013 Finding Spirituality - How to Get Started
Believing in something greater than yourself can bring meaning to your life and help you feel connected to the world around you. Learn how to open yourself up to your spiritual side and find what you believe in.
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:52 - Oct 07, 2013 How to Make Amends
Hello Anna. I enjoyed your article on shame. It hit very close to home for me. I broke into a neighbors down the roads home 2 years ago when I knew they were gone to the cottage. They are a nice older couple who did not deserve what I did. The worst ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:22 - Oct 07, 2013 Acupuncture for Withdrawal
Is electrical acupuncture (I forget the precise name for this) a good method to help me with feel less opiate withdrawal. I am planning to quit again. The last time I did 3 years ago I had PAWS for 8 months after quitting so I am trying to do this ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:53 - Sep 30, 2013 Neurontin for Opiate Withdrawal
What is your opinion on using neurontin as a medication to help with opiate withdrawal symptoms? I was looking for a remedy for the restless legs that plague me horribly every time I go through this and I see that some people say that neurontin ...