Copper Canyon Academy
Copper Canyon Academy is a fully accredited therapeutic boarding school for troubled girls 13 to 17 years of age (grades 9 - 12), to be admitted at anytime. The Southern Plantation style residential school and campus are nestled in a beautiful, peaceful Central Arizona valley, on 29 acres of land. Copper Canyon Academy combines college preparatory academics with a strong culture of recovery from substance abuse to serve troubled and underachieving girls. Therapy here follows a traditional 12-step philosophy.
Copper Canyon Academy clinical boarding school for girls with addiction problems, emotional problems or learning problems. It offers a college preparatory program that is fully accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. All academic classes are taught by Arizona Certified Teachers.
The environment of Copper Canyon Academy allows teenage girls 14-17 years of age to safely distance themselves from the distractions of their home environment, negative peer relationships, and other detractors. Copper Canyon's academic program is designed to maximize a students learning potential, a joy of learning, and also utilizes a unique credit recovery program.
The curriculum focuses on improvement and awareness in five areas:
- social, and
All five areas are essential to the success of the girls at Copper Canyon Academy boarding school - they are fostered by participation in the following:
- Fully accredited academic program (college prep based)
- Family oriented, transitional living experience in the community
- Individual Therapy, Group Therapy and Family Therapy
- Optional Therapy: DBT, EMDR, AA Meetings, Ala-Non Meetings
- Student Seminars, Parent Seminars and Family Workshops
- Equine Therapy, Canine Therapy, Equestrian Riding, Choir, Dance and Yoga
- Extensive physical education program, including calisthenics, sports, hiking, and jogging
- Leadership skill building and extensive leadership opportunities
- Competitive sports program: basketball, volleyball, softball and soccer
- Nutritional diet and education
- Outdoor activities
- Community service and interaction
- Social and life skills
Copper Canyon Academy Goals
- To provide a school that redirects and enhances the emotional, physical, mental, spiritual and social skills of teenage women.
- To develop a highly qualified and motivated staff that reflects high self-esteem, individuality, creativity, and leadership.
- To provide the best therapeutic program designed to reach every student and assist them in building self-esteem, self-confidence, self-awareness, self-reliance, and self-management.
- To provide a comprehensive academic program that brings students up to and beyond grade level, developing confidence and joy in learning.
- To create an atmosphere and a curriculum that fosters self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility.
- To provide an environment where students feel safe, secure, and cared for in an environment designed to create change and new choices.
Copper Canyon Academy offers a unique combination of structure, balanced priorities, and positive influences to produce sober, well rounded, and productive young women.
The staff members at Copper Canyon Academy understand their functions as role models for students. They also supervise positive peer interactions. Earning good grades and high SAT scores is "in fashion" here. Copper Canyon Academy therapeutic boarding school shows teenage girls the way to living a positive life: Right Choices, Healthy Relationships, and Recovery.
The substance abuse education program offers an AA/NA 12-step model and the boarding school places a heavy emphasis on ensuring that all students feel safe and part of "a family" regardless of past environment, academic performance, behavior, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or substance abuse history.
Students at the Copper Canyon clinical boarding school follow a daily routine that optimizes success; offering opportunities to engage in academically, programmatically, and physically enriching activities. Idle time is rare as the typical Copper Canyon student has struggled with the ability to manage time appropriately in the past. Time spent in school, group activities, and recreation is integrated into a full yet manageable day for the girls.
New arrivals are not left alone to ruminate about their problems. Copper Canyon Academy's strong positive community culture promotes togetherness; to that end, new students are mentored by older students. This gives new kids the opportunity to talk to someone who has been where they are. It also allows the older students to feel valued for their contributions. Life-long friendships are built on the basis of trust, honesty, and accountability.
Copper Canyon Academy boarding schools for girls has a college prep focused academic program, and is fully accredited by North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement. All academic classes are taught by Arizona Certified Teachers. Copper Canyon Academy's academic program is designed to maximize a students learning potential, a joy of learning, and also utilizes a unique credit recovery program. Success is academics enables students to gain increased self-esteem, self-awareness, self-confidence, self-reliance and self-management.
Copper Canyon Academy is accredited by CITA (Commission on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation).
To enroll your daughter at Copper Canyon Academy please call ChooseHelp's admissions helpline 877-830-7020.
Page last updated Jun 17, 2013