- Therapy Orientation:
- Psychoanalytic, Relational Therapy, Psychodynamic, Interpersonal, Eclectic, Humanistic
- Age Focus:
- Adults, Children, Teenagers
- Addiction or Substance Abuse, Trauma and PTSD, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Anxiety or Fears, Relationship Issues, Loss or Grief, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Individuals, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Sep 10, 2012
- Art Therapy & Psychotherapy ...
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
- About My Work
- Jennifer Breslow is an Art Therapist and Psychotherapist in private practice in New York City, specializing in helping adolescents and adults overcome trauma, work through grief and loss (including pet loss,) cope with anxiety and depression, deal with addiction, heal from the effects of childhood sexual/physical/emotional abuse and generally live more authentic lives.
- My Story
Psychotherapy is a collaborative relationship between two people. You are the expert on your life and it is my role to facilitate you uncovering and listening to your own voice, and in so doing, opening a pathway to be your most authentic self.
My background is primarily psychodynamic, and as an art therapist, I am trained to work with both verbal and non-verbal communication. Whether you choose to express yourself in images or words — and it is always your choice — we will work together to raise the awareness and insight that allows for change to take place. My approach to psychotherapy is client-centered and I draw from various theoretical orientations, with emphasis on the interpersonal/relational model of psychoanalysis, trauma and attachment theory, the mind/body connection and cognitive behavioral theory.
People often seek psychotherapy when they are trying to answer an unresolved question. Why am I feeling like this? How could I be happier? Which choice do I make? What should I do? Why can't I move on? How do I get "unstuck?" It is my belief that we already hold the answers to our own questions and that through the process of psychotherapy we learn how to sift through the distractions – the obtrusive or negative thoughts, the overwhelming feelings, the grip of past experiences and patterns of relating, the pressures of society, etc.– to allow these answers to rise up and emerge into our consciousness. And as we become more aware, we are empowered to take action and make significant change.
|Years in Practice:||7 Years|
|Graduated from:||New York University|
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Jennifer Breslow's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:43 - Oct 17, 2011 Treating the Adolescent: Art Therapy as a Bridge to Communicate
My son was badly bullied for years. We tried to get it stopped at the school but nothing worked and we eventually had to uproot the whole family to move to the city so that he could start over in a new school, away from the torment. When things were ...