- Ask Him a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Hypnotherapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Interpersonal, Other, Transpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Compulsive Disorders, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Other, Impulse Control Disorders, Eating Disorders, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Other Spiritual or Religious Affiliations, Any Religion
- Last updated:
- Apr 04, 2013
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Life is worth living because you can do something good with it.
- About My Work
- My professional mission has a solitary focus of helping the individual conquer their overweight and obesity problem, and helping the world reverse the obesity epidemic. I am uniquely qualified in this field because of my professional training and experience in counseling, psychotherapy and behavioral therapy, but more so because of my personal experience. I suffered 25 years of chronic obesity and weight loss failure, and then discovered the solution, Therapeutic Psychogenics, finally losing 140 lbs. permanently, and have maintained my ideal body weight and excellent health easily since 1985. I have been training others in these successful methods and writing about them for over 25 years.
- My Story
- I’m a licensed psychotherapist who grew up overweight and obese, the fattest kid in school as a child and over 320 lbs. as an adult. After twenty-five years of failing at diets and exercise, I discovered a unique method for permanent weight loss based on principles I studied in psychotherapy and addictions. I call these techniques Therapeutic Psychogenics, and I call my program The Anderson Method. I’ve helped thousands to succeed with weight control with my program, I now train other therapists in these methods, and I’ve written a book about it, also called The Anderson Method. I have a private practice in Sarasota, Florida, and a website, you guessed it, www.TheAndersonMethod.com .
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||University of South Florida Graduate School of Education|
|License issued in:||Florida|
|License Expiry:||Mar 2015|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$120 - $149|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
William Anderson's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:31 - May 14, 2013 I think I am a food addict. Is Overeaters Anonymous going to be helpful for me?
I think I am a food addict. Is overeaters anonymous going to be helpful for me or are these types of meetings missing the point?
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:12 - Apr 19, 2013 I feel so guilty about everything I eat. I thought I would feel happy when I got skinny but I don’t.
I have been trying to lose weight for 2 years. I have lost 40 pounds, so obviously I was very unhealthy and overweight before and everyone tells me how great I look now. I am still 10 pounds above my goal weight so obviously it is not as easy to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:16 - Apr 17, 2013 I feel like I need sugary drinks. Am I addicted to sugar? I am 17.
I feel like I need sugary drinks. If I can’t get one I feel like I am dying for it. I am not overweight but I am worried about my weight and I am gaining weight. I try to cut down but I can’t. Am I addicted to sugar? I am 17. How do I get unaddicted ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:58 - Apr 03, 2013 What does it mean if I feel very uncomfortable eating in front of other people?
What does it mean if I feel very uncomfortable eating in front of other people. I am overweight. I have no problem eating per se but I will never eat until I am full. I always eat very sparingly and then eat much more on the way home alone. Does ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:46 - Mar 18, 2013 Can 9-year old child have a binge eating disorder?
Can a small child have a binge eating disorder? What is the youngest age a person can be and have an eating disorder. My nephew is 9 and he doesn’t seem to be able to control his eating at all. When I watch him eat it doesn’t seem right. It is like ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:53 - Mar 06, 2013 I'm addicted to coke and alcohol with a history of major depression. How do I get clean without getting depressed?
I have had 2 major depressive episodes in my life. I am currently very addicted to alcohol and to cocaine. I was not very depressed but I always have anxiety and some other issues that I think I self medicated with drugs and alcohol. I think that ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:39 - Feb 20, 2013 Help! I've gained 40 pounds since starting the overnight shift! What do I do?
I started working the overnight shift 3 years ago. I am on my own all night long and I get a lot more money than working in the day but ever since I started doing overnights I started gaining a lot of weight. I am not eating more than I used but I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:14 - Feb 04, 2013 Is military school a good option for my 14 year old son who weighs over 320 pounds?
Is military school a good option for my 14 year old son who already weighs over 320 pounds. We have tried everything to get him to lose weight and to live healthier and he just refuses to change. He is a sweet mild mannered kid and he is smart and ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:56 - Dec 19, 2012 Help! I found out I'm a food addict! What do I do?
I took the food addiction test on this website and it shows that I am an addict. This makes a lot of sense because diets have NEVER worked for me at all. So now that I am a food addict now what? Who do I go to see and are there medications or ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:10 - Dec 18, 2012 Is it OK to overeat and then exercise enough to work it off?
My husband has asked me to stop exercising before bed and he is concerned that there is something unhealthy about my weight control habits. Is it wrong to keep track of everything I eat and calculate the calories and then calculate my daily resting ...