- Ask Him a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Hypnotherapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Interpersonal, Other, Transpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Compulsive Disorders, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Other, Impulse Control Disorders, Eating Disorders, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Other Spiritual or Religious Affiliations, Any Religion
- Last updated:
- Mar 14, 2015
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Life is worth living because you can do something good with it.
- About My Work
- My professional mission has a focus of helping the individual conquer their overweight and obesity problem, and helping the world reverse the obesity epidemic. I am uniquely qualified in this field because of my professional training and experience in counseling, psychotherapy and behavioral therapy, but more so because of my personal experience. I suffered 25 years of chronic obesity and weight loss failure, and then discovered the solution, Therapeutic Psychogenics, finally losing 140 lbs. permanently, and have maintained my ideal body weight and excellent health easily since 1985. I have been training others in these successful methods and writing about them for over 25 years.
- My Story
- I’m a licensed psychotherapist who grew up overweight and obese, the fattest kid in school as a child and over 320 lbs. as an adult. After twenty-five years of failing at diets and exercise, I discovered a unique method for permanent weight loss based on principles I studied in psychotherapy and addictions. I call these techniques Therapeutic Psychogenics, and I call my program The Anderson Method. I’ve helped thousands to succeed with weight control with my program, I now train other therapists in these methods, and I’ve written a book about it, also called The Anderson Method. I have a private practice in Sarasota, Florida, and a website, you guessed it, www.TheAndersonMethod.com .
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||University of South Florida Graduate School of Education|
|License issued in:||Florida|
|License Expiry:||Mar 2017|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$120 - $149|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
William Anderson's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:46 - Jul 22, 2016 Should I believe a crackhead who says he'll quit?
I just caught my brother in law smoking crack in our garage. My sister has already thrown him out of the house once before for his drugs and because he was bringing it into the house and around their two young kids who are only 14 months and 4 ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:26 - Jul 22, 2016 I think people want to kill me when I smoke pot. Am I OK?
If I get out of touch with reality (not in a good way) sometimes when I smoke strong pot does this mean that I am one of the kinds of people that are at risk of schizophrenia? I know that marijuana can increase a person’s risk of getting schizo in ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:24 - Jul 22, 2016 Will Weight Loss Surgery Cure Food Addiction?
I am pretty heavy. I try to diet a lot but I always cheat. 99% of the time when I cheat it is on pastries and cakes and things like that. I just crave them so much when I am trying to diet that I always sneak a few bites and then once I sneak a bit ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:23 - Jul 22, 2016 My husband has been using narcotics and lying about it. How worried should I be?
My husband had a wild youth and I knew that he used to do a lot of drugs and drink and smoke cigarettes. Since I have met him he has done none of those things, other than have the occasional beer. About a month ago I found some hydromorphine pills ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:22 - Jul 22, 2016 How do I get help for my depressed brother who won’t go for help?
My brother has a rough last 6 months or so. We lost our mom to cancer after a long and very tough battle and then he was blindsided by a job loss and his longtime girlfriend ending their relationship, all with the last couple of months. Since ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:05 - Jul 22, 2016 Help! I'm using fast food like it's a drug! I'm addicted!
I have a problem with out of control eating. It seems like whenever I get fretful about life I get this jiggling feeling in my mind that won’t go away until I eat. I have a good appetite but when I am eating after I get feeling worried about stuff I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:04 - Jul 22, 2016 I've been dieting and now I'm starting to binge. How do I stop?
I have been dieting pretty strictly for about 8 months and I have lost more than 30pounds during that time but the problem is now I am starting to gain some of the weight back and I seem to be losing control over my eating whereas before I have ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:58 - Jul 22, 2016 I need to lose 100+ lbs., and I don't want to take years, or fail at it. Which is the better surgery?
Right now I weigh 360 pounds after losing about 40 pounds in the last year. I am happy with the 40 pound loss but I am still far from my goal of a healthy weight. I have a family history of obesity and heart disease at a young age and even though I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:53 - Jul 22, 2016 I am very fat and want to lose weight as fast as possible. Is 600 calories OK?
I am very fat. I am 23 years old and 5 foot 9 and I weigh 240 pounds…and it is not muscle. I am tired of being fat and I want to lose this weight as quickly as I can. I am determined to do it this time. I plan on doing a calorie journal and tracking ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:27 - Jul 22, 2016 My life is going down the tubes. Could it be the weed?
I’ve grown up with a really tight circle of friends. They are more like brothers to me than just friends and I owe my life to these guys. They have literally saved my life on more than one occasion. They would never turn their back on me and I can ...