- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Relational Therapy, Psychodynamic, Family Systems Therapy, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Family/Marital Therapy, Humanistic, Existential, Eclectic, Gestalt, Other, Interpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Any age
- Dissociative Disorders, Women, Anxiety or Fears, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Trauma and PTSD, Personality Disorders, Mood Disorders, Parenting, Spirituality, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Chronic Pain or Illness, ADHD, Impulse Control Disorders, Relationship Issues, Infertility or Adoption, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- it's filled with wonderful people!
- About My Work
- I am a counsellor working in private practice, and I also train budding counsellors at Diploma level in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). My specialty is working with adults who have experienced childhood trauma and attachment difficulties, and a person's sense of self and identity. I also enjoy working with individuals, couples and families toward finding inner resources that can create and sustain positive change. I am also a registered supervisor.
- My Story
- I have been counselling for over 11 years now, and for the past 5 years have been training and supervising counsellors. I'm married with 4 adult children and 5 grandchildren. I live by the sea and love walking along the beach in the afternoons.
|Years in Practice:||10+ Years|
|Graduated from:||University of New England|
|Other Credentials:||Membership, Australian Counselling Association, Member no. 5896, 2006|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Penny Bell's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:24 - Jul 22, 2016 Is my wife addicted to the internet?
My wife is a stay at home mom. She is one of those iphone and ipad addicted people who check facebook in the middle of the night for updates. I thought it was kind of annoying but basically harmless before we had our daughter but now that my ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:20 - Jul 22, 2016 How can I assist my addicted son to turn his life around?
My son is a drug addict and he says he no longer believes in God. He argues with me that I am delusional to have faith. I don’t know how to talk to him anymore. He is always high and aggressive and I don’t ever know if he means what he says or he is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:05 - Jul 22, 2016 When is it safe to go back to a violent partner?
If my ex was physically abusive in the past but he also had PTSD from being in the military and because he used to drink a lot to deal with it is it very likely that he would still be violent with me if he is getting help for his PTSD but he is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:38 - Jul 22, 2016 How can I be free from alcohol addiction if I can't feel God?
I believe in God but i do not really know how to pray in a meaningful way. I am an alcoholic and I am trying to work through the steps of AA. On one level I believe that God can help me overcome alcoholism and that I cannot do it alone but the ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:15 - Apr 06, 2016 Clear boundaries lead to better family relations
Hi Thanks for your message. the family dynamics is what is happening you are right. My romantic relationship that was supportive on the side has been complex now too as it really was initiated (this was an ex boyfriend from years ago who as a ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:36 - Apr 03, 2016 How do I cope when family life becomes too hard to deal with?
Hi Penny I have been going through a few months of unbelievably difficult family drama involving extended family affecting my mother whom i love dearly and me the most but overall bad fallout on everyone. The issues are related to immediate family ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:53 - Jul 14, 2014 How can I help my depressed son?
My son has become isolated over the last decade or so and I believe he is depressed but I do not know how to help him. He is 32 now and he does not have any real friends or social life. He had a steady girlfriend that lasted for a few years after ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:43 - Jan 02, 2014 How do I get rid of my guilt feelings?
I did some work in the past that I do not feel very good about. I rationalized it in the past because I was just ‘following orders’ and if I didn’t do it someone else would have. It wasn’t my idea to do it I was just acting out someone else’s will. ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:22 - Dec 29, 2013 I need help with my ADHD and food addiction!
Is my ADHD the reason why I am addicted to food? It’s weird because most people that have ADHD are all fidgety and skinny but I am fidgety and really heavy. If I take Adderall is this going to help me to lose weight even if I am a food addict?