James R Cloughley
- Ask Him a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Coaching, Humanistic, Family/Marital Therapy, Interpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Any age, Adults
- Parenting, Divorce, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Spirituality, Relationship Issues
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Jul 11, 2015
- Millennia Consulting Services
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- ...of the opportunities I have had presented me to be able to work in the service of the humanity that surrounds me, the privilege of being a parent to 2 outstanding children one of which has presented me with a beautiful and amazing grand daughter. There is no happiness that can compare with the gifts I have been blessed with. Life is simple and it is great.
- About My Work
My activities included program and workshop development, development and implementation of an 8 week out-patient treatment/support program, development of a 4 week in-patient men's group that dealt with relationships and family issues and I facilitated a weekly out-patient support group. I was also asked to mentor Masters Level Students at our facility--those who were involved in co-op programs through their schools as part of their curricula.
As for my responsibilities I was asked to manage a 6-8 client residential in-patient case load, create and monitor an individual treatment plan for each client, complete all post treatment referrals, presented a variety of recovery related workshops to the residential community each week, participated in back to work sessions with clients employer and the client, led family sessions with client and family members and acted on behalf of the client with legal system representatives. Also participated in therapeutic discharges for those clients who weren't matched well to the program offered.
- My Story
- My experience would include the lessons taught by over 20 years of active use, leading to 23 years of sobriety and what I consider to be a state of quality living. I learned many things in a practical sense from attending A/A, C/A and N/A. Sometimes the best education can come from the most unlikely sources. I graduated from College and completed the Addiction Studies Program at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario. I also completed a variety of courses concerning mental health issues and gambling addiction, family systems and relationships.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Other Credentials:||Diploma, Niagara College of Applied Arts, Welland, Ontario Canada--Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, Diploma; Membership #410129-OSWSSW, 1992|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
James Cloughley's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:19 - Mar 23, 2017 Bring Her Home Now??
should I bring my daughter from abroad now that she admit to doing drugs? she says that it was only marijuana but that recently an older male friend of her give her LSD. She didn`t like the way she felt but when she tried to tell her friend that she ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:58 - Sep 03, 2015 Due diligence is the key to good treatment.
I was wondering where in Ca near sacamento, Redding, clearlake and surrounding areas is there free or low cost inpatient rehab for heroin addiction that doesnt require a huge downpayment? Looking to help my daughter, Thanks
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:19 - Nov 22, 2014 Suboxone or Methadone? A Quick Comparison
My son is a heroin addict. He is 19 years old. He has been to rehab twice already. Is he too young to be on methadone? I don’t know if this is giving up on him or being realistic. He says he wants to stop but he simply can’t seem to accomplish this ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:41 - Oct 29, 2014 The problem is real and here's why . . .
I am not really sure if I have a problem, or if I am going through the normal college experience. I am a junior in college, and almost every time I drink I black out and always wake up in the morning and feel so much regret. All of my friends think ...