- Licensed by: Division of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, Substance Abuse Services of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Accredited by: Joint Commission of Accredited Healthcare Organizations
Life Center Of Galax
Located in Galax, Virginia, the Life Center of Galax is a private drug & alcohol rehab center for the treatment of alcoholism, drug addiction and dual diagnosis problems. The Life Center opened in 1973, and was the first rehabilitation facility in Virginia specifically licensed and accredited to exclusively treat chemical dependency. Much of the treatment is based on the 12-step principles of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
If you’d like to get in touch with us to get information on Life Center's pricing options, to check if your health care insurance covers the cost of this program or to inquire about possible financing plans we welcome you to call us at (855) 338-0499.
Our professional admissions coordinators are here to help.
Rehab Facility Description
The Life Center has been in operation since 1973. We are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and accredited by Joint Commission of Accredited Healthcare Organizations. Our facility offers chemical dependency/dual diagnosis treatment for adults (male and female) who are 18 years and older. Our levels of care include medical detoxification, residential rehabilitation, and partial hospitalization (boarding). Treatment is enhanced through therapy groups, medical lectures, family therapy, and reality, experiential and leisure activities.
Addiction Treatment Philosophy
We believe that addiction is caused by many factors, some of which are genetic and some of which are learned. We know that the disease effects every aspect of a person's life. Our program focuses on helping each patient begin to accept chemical dependency as a disease while developing a plan for stopping the use of alcohol and drugs completely. Recovery never happens in isolation. We believe that recovery requires love, patience, and fellowship from others who have suffered the same disease.
Family Rehabilitation Program
We believe chemical dependency is a family illness. Family members and significant others are encouraged to attend the family program each Saturday and Sunday while their loved one is in treatment. Our goal is to empower family and significant others to act in their own behalf in a positive manner, rather than react to the disease of addiction. Besides individual family counseling sessions, our family program consists of educational lectures and introduction to Al-Anon, Ala-Teen, and other self-help groups.
12 Step Involvement
The twelve-step program plays a very important role in treatment at the Life Center of Galax. Twelve-step meetings happen every day through AA or NA group attendance.
Through our comprehensive opiate recovery program we are able to meet the needs of our patients by offering four levels of care:
- Residential detox which utilizes methadone or buprenorphine within our detox protocol. Residential stabilization on methadone or buprenorphine for transfer to an outpatient opiate replacement program.
- Outpatient opiate replacement program which counseling, drug screens, and treatment plans with goals for recovery.
- Outpatient opiate detox includes a long-term detox (60-180 days) which uses methadone or buprenorphine to stabilize the individual followed by a slow taper to prevent withdrawals and cravings. This program also includes counseling, drug screens, and treatment plans.
- The Life Center of Galax also treats chronic pain patients who are using more medications than prescribed in order to find relief. By utilizing a multi-disciplinary holistic approach including physical, emotional, and spiritual components we are able to address the patient's chronic pain issues and develop an appropriate treatment plan which may involve detoxification, medication management, adjunct therapies, and multi-disciplinary referrals and participation in chronic pain groups.
Addiction Treatment Center Information
Night Admission Available: Yes
Weekend Admission Available: Yes
Interview Required: No
Private Treatment Services:
Most major insurance accepted.
Public Assistance Coverage: Yes
Medicare Accepted: No
Insurance Accepted: Yes
Followup Care: Yes
Licensing and Accreditation:
Licensed by: Division of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, Substance Abuse Services of the Commonwealth of Virginia
Licensed type: A substance abuse and mental health non-hospital based residential medical detoxification and day treatment service for adults. A substance abuse opioid replacement services providing methadone maintenance and detoxification services for adults.
Accredited by: Joint Commission of Accredited Healthcare Organizations
For admissions, call (855) 338-0499 now.
Page last updated May 23, 2016