- Therapy Orientation:
- Family/Marital Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Age Focus:
- Compulsive Disorders, Other
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Signed up:
- Apr 06, 2011
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
- About My Work
- Robert Weiss LCSW, CSAT-S is Founding Director of The Sexual Recovery Institute - Los Angeles, a
- My Story
- A UCLA MSW graduate and trained under the direction of Dr. Patrick Carnes, Mr. Weiss is a former board member and committee chair of The National Council for Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity and has lectured for The UCLA Neuro-Psychiatric Institute, The American Association of Sex Educators and Therapists The National Association of Social Work and in Washington DC at The NIH (National Institutes of Health), among many others. He provides clinical training for numerous multi-addiction treatment centers, among which are Pine Grove, The Gentle Path Program, Sierra Tucson, The Life Healing Center and The Meadows. Media appearances in the past year include The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, Dateline NBC and CNN. Past appearances also include 20/20 and ABC World News Tonight. Mr. Weiss is the featured therapist in âHypersexualityâ a 90-minute Discovery Channel program about Sexual Addiction filmed by the BBC.
|Years in Practice:||15+ Years|
Rob Weiss's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:08 - Jul 18, 2016 Cheating Husband
I just left my husband after finding some texts on his phone from another woman. He eventually confessed to cheating but I didn’t really need his confession as he has cheated on me so many times in the past I am beyond believing his lies anymore. ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:30 - Oct 19, 2011 Dangers of violent porn?
I look at porn on the internet pretty much every day. I don’t have a girlfriend so it is my only way to get off at the moment. I don’t really have a problem with this, but I am a little worried about how the porn could affect me. For the last ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:51 - Sep 20, 2011 Infidelity Should Only Be Revealed in a Therapeutic, Supportive Setting
I have cheated on my wife many times in the past but an STD scare a few months ago convinced me that I need to change my ways. She has never caught me in my indiscretions. I have been working with my pastor in counseling sessions to try to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:40 - Aug 26, 2011 Husband on Webcam - Is It Cheating?
I found that my husband has been participating in regular webcam sessions with performers that he pays to take their clothes off. I feel quite betrayed but he says that it’s totally meaningless, that I am overreacting and that it’s just a ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:06 - Jul 21, 2011 Compulsively Fantasizing About Sex
How can I have a normal life in recovery from sex addiction when so many ‘normal’ things in life are triggers that can lead to my acting out? I am a 38 year old gay man and have been a sex addict for as long as I can remember, but only started ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:41 - Jun 30, 2011 Porn addiction
I’ve got a real problem with internet porn. I used to think it was no big deal but now that I’m in danger of losing my job and my marriage, I’ve got to concede otherwise. I need to cut this garbage out of my life. I’ve tried on my own and I keep ...