Dr. Jennifer Martin
- Therapy Orientation:
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Coaching, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Relational Therapy
- Age Focus:
- Relationship Issues, Compulsive Disorders, Sex Therapy, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Women
- Treatment Modality:
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Dec 02, 2013
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- of the people in my life that I love dearly
- About My Work
I am a certified sex addiction therapist candidate and a certified professional counselor and coach. I am in private practice in Washington State and offer recovery coaching to individuals struggling with sex and love addiction.
I help clients build emotional intimacy skills, to empower them to enjoy fulfilling and lasting relationships.
- My Story
I completed my doctoral work on sex addiction in the Christian community. I realized how many people suffer from this misunderstood addiction. My focus is on bringing compassion, hope and current psychological research to help people overcome this addiction.
Here is an overview of my qualifications:
Education and Training
• Doctorate in Education, Counseling Psychology, Argosy University
• Certified Sex Addiction Therapist training (CSAT candidate)
Dr. Patrick Carnes, International Institute for Trauma & Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
• Functional Analytical Psychotherapy training, Dr. Mavis Tsai, University of Washington
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Training, Approved by NREPP and Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
• Self-Relations Therapy, Stephen Gilligan, Ph.D.
• Neuro-Linguistic Programming Training, Dr. John Grinder, NLP co-founder
• Core Transformation Therapy and Training, Connirae Andreas, Ph.D.
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of British Columbia (UBC)
Research & Presentations
• Dissertation Research: The Influence of Religiosity on Christian Sex Addicts
• “Treating the Devoutly Christian Sexually Addicted Client”
March 31, 2012, Conference on Religion and Spirituality Loyola University Maryland, Div. 36, Psychology of Religion of the APA.
Member of Professional Organizations:
• American Counseling Association (ACA)
• Association of Contextual and Behavioral Sciences (ACBS)
• Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
Registered with the Washington State Department of Health
• Counselor credential number: CL 60272918
|Years in Practice:||1 Year|
|Graduated from:||Argosy University - Doctoral Candidate|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$120 - $149|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Dr. Jennifer Martin's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:47 - Dec 02, 2013 Boyfriend porn watcher
My boyfriend is an obsessive porno watcher. I do not ever go on his computer without warning so he time to clean up any videos and websites he has up and running…I learned this the hard way. It is a problem for me and I find it very disgusting. I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:14 - Nov 25, 2013 strip club addiction
This is a stupid question but I think I am addicted to going to strip clubs. I want to slow down because I am always broke. I am not an alcoholic because I only have 2 or 3 or 4 beer when I go but I feel like I have to go or I get super edgy. I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:53 - Nov 08, 2013 Looking for Love
I pretend like I care about things because otherwise people look at me like I am a psycho but I never really care about anyone or anything. The only way I know how to feel things is with sex for a minute and alcohol but that’s not really real. Most ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:02 - Nov 05, 2013 Son viewing torture porn
My son has Asperger’s. He is 17. I was checking his computer for a schoolwork file and I found he had saved pictures of torture porn. I do not know what to call it exactly but it involved people in pain mixed in with sex. I do not think this was ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:12 - Aug 07, 2013 Emotional Intimacy Back After Recovery From Porn
How long to get intimacy back after porn addiction? What do you do when your addiction caused your wife to change just to keep the relationship going and now that your in recovery she is having a hard time changing back? I am a porn addict. I have ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:18 - Jun 22, 2013 Feelings for girls on porno webcams
How bad is it to develop feelings for girls on porno webcams? I know it is really stupid and I am just money to these girls but there are a couple of girls that I really care about and I don’t feel OK if I don’t check in on them. It’s not just about ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:42 - Jun 13, 2013 How to get porn under control?
How can I get a porn addiction under control? I work at home and I surf the internet for hours each day when I should be working. This has a huge financial impact for my family. It probably cuts my earnings down by half but I still can’t control it. ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:10 - May 28, 2013 Sex Addiction Recovery & Enmeshment
Is sex addiction recovery possible if the route cause of being a mother enmeshed son is not addressed itself? If the controlling and intefering mother continues, without my hubby dealing with this enmeshment as he is to scared to confront her, can ...