- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Family/Marital Therapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Eclectic, Existential, Interpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Seniors, Teenagers, Adults
- Anger Management, Gay Lesbian Issues, Sex Therapy, Anxiety or Fears, Divorce, Life Coaching, OCD, Spirituality, Chronic Pain or Illness, Relationship Issues, Women, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Signed up:
- Feb 04, 2012
- Jill Palmer, LPC
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- we all have something beautiful to offer each other.
- About My Work
- I work in a private practice in Austin, TX. I enjoy working with clients struggling with finding happiness in their lives. Together we can come up with a plan on how to get you on the path to happiness.
- My Story
- I worked in high tech for 17 years. I was a full part of the rat race, stress, working too many hours, chasing a paycheck, and avoiding all things calm and steady. I was very unhappy so I decided to make a life change. I'm now a licensed professional counselor and love life again. If I can change my life drastically, so can you.
|Years in Practice:||2 Years|
|Graduated from:||St. Edward's University|
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Jill Palmer's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:09 - Jul 22, 2016 Weight Loss Surgery vs. Lifestyle Changes
I am 14 and I am 5 feet 9 inches tall and I weigh 268 lbs. I hate exercise and whenever I try to do anything with sports people just make fun of me so I don’t usually do too much. I want to have the stomach surgery but my mom does not agree that it ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:05 - Jul 22, 2016 When is purging serious?
I sometimes make myself throw up after a really big meal or whenever I feel like it. I don’t do it too often, probably no more than 5 or 6 times in a month. Because I don’t do it too often I want to know if I am at risk of becoming bulimic?
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:09 - Nov 20, 2012 Common among dancers: Anorexia and general eating disorders
My 11 year old daughter is a very competitive and talented ballerina. She is entering into puberty and she is struggling with her changing body shape. She is very concerned about gaining weight and changing her lithe shape. Her coaches seem to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:42 - Nov 06, 2012 When I am busiest I feel the least anxious
I take SSRIs for GAD. I keep it fairly well under control but it flares up and worsens every few months. I have a very demanding job and I am under a great deal of stress most of the time. I know that the crazy stress I put myself through worsens my ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:44 - Oct 21, 2012 Breathing Exercises when Bullied
There’s this supervisor at work that bullies me. He is always belittling me and he always waits until he has an audience before he criticizes whatever I do. I know I need to stand up to him but he stresses me out so much that as soon as I even see ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:25 - Oct 11, 2012 Schizophrenia - Screening for Pyroluria
My brother has late onset schizophrenia and my sister in law recommended that I get tested for pyroluria which they think caused his disease and which apparently can run in families. I had never heard of pyroluria before and the information on the ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:01 - Oct 02, 2012 Using laxatives and throwing up to manage weight?
My son is a very good high school wrestler trying to get a scholarship this year. His coach wants him at 160 and he is very strong and competitive at that weight but it is very hard for him to maintain it and it is probably 20 pounds less than he ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:05 - Sep 21, 2012 Fear of Public Speaking
I am terrified to speak in public. I have done it a few times as an adult but only after having a bunch of drinks to calm down or lose my fear. I have to give a conference presentation in a month and I am terrified, and since I don't think getting ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:13 - Sep 11, 2012 Dieting Yo-Yo
I feel like my eating is getting out of control and I am gaining weight and I am not sure what to do about it. Maybe I need some help? I am 20. All through high school I did a lot of sports and I never gained weight. When I moved out and started ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:01 - Sep 10, 2012 What is emotional abuse?
How do I know if the way my partner treats me is emotional abuse or not. We have been together for 9 months and are living together. He often makes me feel stupid for no reason but when I ask him why he does this he says he is just kidding and why ...