Dr. David Sack
- Ask Him a Question
- Age Focus:
- Seniors, Teenagers, Adults
- Compulsive Disorders, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders, Impulse Control Disorders, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Nov 14, 2012
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
- About My Work
- Dr. Sack has enjoyed successful careers in clinical, research and administrative psychiatry.He is currently CEO of Elements Behavioral Health, parent company of Promises
- My Story
- After receiving his medical degree from Rush Medical College, Dr. Sack completed his residency in Psychiatry at the UCLA-Neuropsychiatric Institute. Dr. Sack served as a senior clinical scientist at NIMH, where his research interests included affective disorders, seasonal and circadian rhythms and neuroendocrinology. More recently, Dr. Sack served as Senior Vice President for Clinical Research for Comprehensive Neurosciences, where his research included investigations in schizophrenia, depression, insomnia, cognitive disorders and alcohol dependency.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Rush Medical College|
|License issued in:||California|
|License Expiry:||Oct 2014|
|Board Certification:||Board Certified Addiction Psychiatrist|
Dr. David Sack's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:07 - Mar 06, 2013 Pregnant Woman on Xanax, Subutex
My daughter who was put on Xanax for depression and anxiety became pregnant about 3 months after starting this medicine. .Could she have been weaned off the Xanax? Another doctor put her on Subutex to get her off the Xanax.They want her to detox ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:55 - Feb 28, 2013 How Insurance Determines Treatment Coverage
My insurance company is giving me the run around, while attempting to get into inpatient dual-diagnosis rehab. They are not responding to the different facility who are attempting to get claims approved. Today I'm finally picking up my referral ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:31 - Dec 01, 2012 Detox from Xanax Can Be Dangerous - Don't Do It Alone
I've been taking around 4-6mg of Xanax for about 3-5weeks give or take. im trying to stop and have 10mg Valium to help counter the Xanax as well as Valerian root. supplements and vitamins. Any ideas anything else to do? I exercise an extreme amount ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 07:07 - Mar 26, 2012 Xanax Withdrawal Is Difficult and Dangerous on Your Own
hi dr.sack, my name is jackie, i have a question: i am on 1 mg. zanax a day and i am done, i am starting to withdraw and it is painful. i have blurred vision, headache, stomach nausea, dizziness, can't sleep, seeing things. 2 years ago i tried to ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 01:19 - Mar 16, 2012 Pro DJ with Cocaine Addiction Concerned about Triggers
I’m a pro DJ with a cocaine problem. Things are getting out of hand and I have decided to get some treatment. The problem is my job and my drug use are pretty linked together. I can’t imagine doing my job without being very tempted to use cocaine ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:58 - Mar 09, 2012 Xanax Withdrawal Is Not Safe to Do on Your Own
I have been taking xanax for 3 months. I really need to stop, but the withdrawls are horrible. I figured since i was only taking them for such a short period of time, the withdrawls would be only a day or two. I lasted 3 days of hell and had to buy ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:46 - Mar 07, 2012 Xanax and Suboxone: Risky Together?
I take 2m Xanax everyday to help me with panic attacks (have them often) and have been on them for at least 4 years. Now, however, I am about to start taking Suboxone to help with my withdrawl symptoms from getting off of pain killers. My body is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:44 - Mar 07, 2012 Suboxone for Vicodin Dependency with Mood Disorder
i have beeen taking prescribed vicodin for 3 years about 15- 30 mg max a day. I actually only took 4 to 5 pills a day several times. I am now at a 2- 3 5 mg pill habit. I take to feel better. I already have a mood disorder and wonder if this is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:30 - Mar 06, 2012 Commitment for Addiction
i have a brother in law who h\is addicted to achoal and presc. pills and he has hit rock bottom and im afraid he is going to OD he really needs some help is there a law in oklahoma where his faimly can admit him forceably