Dr. David Sack
- Ask Him a Question
- Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Mood Disorders, Psychosis, Personality Disorders, Impulse Control Disorders, Depression
- Last updated:
- Nov 24, 2014
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
- About My Work
- Dr. Sack has enjoyed successful careers in clinical, research and administrative psychiatry.He is currently CEO of Elements Behavioral Health, parent company of Promises
- My Story
- After receiving his medical degree from Rush Medical College, Dr. Sack completed his residency in Psychiatry at the UCLA-Neuropsychiatric Institute. Dr. Sack served as a senior clinical scientist at NIMH, where his research interests included affective disorders, seasonal and circadian rhythms and neuroendocrinology. More recently, Dr. Sack served as Senior Vice President for Clinical Research for Comprehensive Neurosciences, where his research included investigations in schizophrenia, depression, insomnia, cognitive disorders and alcohol dependency.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Rush Medical College|
|License issued in:||California|
|License Expiry:||Oct 2016|
|Board Certification:||Board Certified Addiction Psychiatrist|
Dr. David Sack's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:03 - Jul 22, 2016 Pro DJ with Cocaine Addiction Concerned about Triggers
I’m a pro DJ with a cocaine problem. Things are getting out of hand and I have decided to get some treatment. The problem is my job and my drug use are pretty linked together. I can’t imagine doing my job without being very tempted to use cocaine ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:01 - Jul 22, 2016 Suboxone for Vicodin Dependency with Mood Disorder
i have beeen taking prescribed vicodin for 3 years about 15- 30 mg max a day. I actually only took 4 to 5 pills a day several times. I am now at a 2- 3 5 mg pill habit. I take to feel better. I already have a mood disorder and wonder if this is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:00 - Jul 22, 2016 Xanax and Suboxone: Risky Together?
I take 2m Xanax everyday to help me with panic attacks (have them often) and have been on them for at least 4 years. Now, however, I am about to start taking Suboxone to help with my withdrawl symptoms from getting off of pain killers. My body is ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:28 - Jul 22, 2016 How Long Does Xanax Withdrawal Last? How Do I Cope?
i have went off all my meds because i have lost my health ins. so i had no choice one of them being xanax. anyway i guess im in withdraw and today is day 9. i just want to know how long before i'll feel better. my main problem now is feeling anxiety ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:26 - Jul 22, 2016 Trying to Taper off Opiates Like Hydrocodone
My fiance is detoxing this week after his tappering plan. He is coming off of hydros for back pain. This is his first day sober (with God's help he will achieve the whole day) and he and I are excited but very aware some things will be going on this ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:10 - Jul 18, 2016 Rapid opiate detox. Should I do it?
I’m a 34 year old professional with an addiction to opiates. I have been using drugs recreationally since college, but strictly as a weekend kind of thing. About a year ago I started playing around with OxyContin and by now I can’t deny any longer ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:08 - Jul 18, 2016 Meditation – can it help?
This girl in my NA group is always going on about her Yoga and meditation and how she finds that doing one or the other each day helps her make it through the day. She says science proves that people who meditate are calmer and more able to stay off ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:08 - Jul 18, 2016 How Long Does Suboxone Treatment Take?
How bad is a Suboxone Detox? I went through a few weeks of Hell long ago jumping off methadone and, like an idiot; here I am in the same position again. I’m sick to death of this life once again. I won’t do methadone again and I can’t afford to stay ...