- Ask Him a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), EMDR, Hypnotherapy, Humanistic, Eclectic, Play Therapy, Other, Transpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Any age
- Anger Management, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Spirituality, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Finding Your Purpose in Life, Gay Lesbian Issues, Sex Therapy, Psychosis, Mood Disorders, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Chronic Pain or Illness, Elderly Persons Disorders, Loss or Grief, Dissociative Disorders, EMDR, Life Coaching, Trauma and PTSD, Personality Disorders, Impulse Control Disorders, Relationship Issues, Thinking Disorders, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Languages Spoken:
- Religious Beliefs:
- Any Religion
- Signed up:
- Jan 12, 2012
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
- About My Work
There are no ideal clients -- there are only ideal therapeutic relationships. Every client brings their issues into session. As a therapist my hope is that we are able to address these issues with mutual authenticity. This authenticity comes from our mutual interest in honesty, presenting our genuine selves, and our willingness to work together in finding solutions to issues that impede the client's ability to live a fulfilling life. Authenticity is not age specific -- a 4 year old can bring as much authenticity to a session as an 80 year old.
My work focuses on recovery from life problems that lead to self-sabotaging behavior, self-diminishment, and other manifestations of internalized dilemmas. The recovery is from mental blocks that prevent us from getting our deepest and most basic needs fulfilled. I am especially experienced in working with abuse survivors.
My orientation comes from Buddhist psychology. While using different techniques, my goal is to help clients live in the present, with an emphasis on compassion towards self and others, forgiveness, and being able to understand life in the present moment. I am also bilingual in Spanish.
- My Story
- I started out life as a communications economist. After 20 years of spreading satellite communications, I started studying Buddhist psychology and decided to make the move into psychotherapy. I have now been working for 14 years as a therapist, supervisor, and clinical director at clinics (largely Hispanic) in Massachusetts and in Central New York
|Years in Practice:||10+ Years|
|Graduated from:||New York University|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Insurances accepted:||Magellan Behavioral Health, United Behavioral Healthcare, Out of Network, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Anthem, TRICARE, Aetna, Other, Medicare, Cigna, GHI/Group Health Incorporated, UBH|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Douglas Goldschmidt's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:02 - Jan 20, 2012 Crack Recovery
I am a long time crack cocaine user and addict. I am serving 14 months for Grand Larceny and I am scheduled for early release next month. I have been in jail 2 times before. I am not a bad person but I am a drug addict and all the crimes I have done ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:58 - Jan 20, 2012 Marijuana and Brain Death
I have been a daily marijuana smoker for more than 9 years. I am 25 and I work in a job which does not require much brain work. I feel like I am much less intelligent than I used to be and I have that stereotypical pot-head dopeyness and lack of ...