Cory Ian Shafer
Counselor/Therapist, MS, NCC, LPC
- Ask Him a Question
Cory Ian Shafer LPC
1124 Memorial HighwayDallas, PA, USA 18612
- Therapy Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Age Focus:
- Any age
- Anger Management, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Compulsive Disorders, OCD, Spirituality, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Finding Your Purpose in Life, Gay Lesbian Issues, Child Assessments, Psychological Testing & Evaluation, Parenting, Thinking Disorders, Sex Therapy, Addiction or Substance Abuse, Mood Disorders, Psychosis, Chronic Pain or Illness, Elderly Persons Disorders, Loss or Grief, Infertility or Adoption, Dissociative Disorders, Testing/Assessment, Life Coaching, Autism, Trauma and PTSD, Personality Disorders, Impulse Control Disorders, Relationship Issues, Women, Eating Disorders, Depression
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- May 27, 2015
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Something wonderful is going to happen.
- About My Work
Cory Ian Shafer is a Licensed Professional Counselor with his MS in Counseling from Marywood University. He has been practicing professionally in the counseling field since 2005 and has worked in the mental health field since 1999. He has experience in family therapy as well as individual therapy and has worked with children, adults and families. Cory operates as an Jungian-Existentialist however he realizes that many clients may need different approaches to achieve success he has also adopted an eclectic style of counseling in addition to his primary school of thought, he can utilize many different modalities of therapy depending on the what the client brings to their sessions. He has specialized with anxiety, depression and grief counseling and belongs to the Association for Death Education and Counseling and is actively pursuing his PhD in Transformative Studies and Certification as a Thanatologist.
Cory is also an author and has recently published a book entitled "Dreams, Sessions and Observations-Poetry from Therapeutic Sessions", Cory has also just published his second book entitled "Using Nature to Heal your Emotions-A 30 day Journaling-Meditation Program". Please feel free to browse throughout the pages that are contained within this website, I hope you enjoy the content and look forward to talking with you further if you should choose to make an appointment. Cory is also available for Drug and Alcohol, Custody Evaluations and is available to function as a expert witness in court concerning Mental Health with children and adults. Cory is also an adjunct instructor at Luzerne County Community College in Nanticoke Pennsylvania where he instructs students in the field of psychology. He also provides Diagnostic Court evaluations and works as a corporate trainer and behavior analyst.
- My Story
- Is this your profile? Please log in to complete it.
This content uses hCard.
|Years in Practice:||15+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Marywood University|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||less than $80|
|Insurances accepted:||Aetna, UBH, United Behavioral Healthcare, ComPsych, BlueCross and/or BlueShield|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit