Catreace Shanell Brown-Baker
- Therapy Orientation:
- Interpersonal, Play Therapy, Psychoanalytic, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Relational Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Family Systems Therapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Existential, Family/Marital Therapy, Gestalt, Other, Any Orientation
- Age Focus:
- Adults, Any age, Children, Teenagers
- Anger Management, Child or Adolescent Issues, Divorce, Child Assessments, Trauma and PTSD, OCD, Spirituality, Parenting, Other, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Anxiety or Fears, ADHD, Relationship Issues, Women, Loss or Grief, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity, Hispanic, African American, Other, Asian
- Religious Beliefs:
- Last updated:
- Feb 23, 2016
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- God has given me life and I will praise him!
- About My Work
- I am Co-Owner of BAKERS Counseling Services, LLC. BAKERS Counseling Services, LLC is a mental health counseling center located in Beaufort, SC. We offer services to children, adolescents, and adults. We specialize in Depression, Trauma, Bereavement, Anxiety Issues, Christian Counseling and ADHD. We are a Group Practice with diverse counselors.
- My Story
I attended Coker College in Hartsville, SC and obtained a BA in Psychology and Sociology with a Concentration in Counseling. I also attended Webster University in Camp Lejeune, NC and obtained a MA in Counseling. And I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of South Carolina.
I have worked at various social service agencies and hospitals as a Mental Health Counselor and Case Manager over the years. I have provided counseling services and support to individuals and families with a variety of mental health concerns.
I am rostered in the State of South Carolina as aTrauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (TF-CBT) through the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) to provide evidence-based therapy to children and adolescents who have suffered trauma or abuse.
I am a part of the Mental Health Unit for The American Red Cross with the local chapter; which is the Carolina Lowcountry Chapter.
I am a member of the Beaufort Church of Christ located in Beaufort, SC where the Minister Jonas Gadson is the pastor.
|Years in Practice:||10+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Webster University|
|License issued in:||South Carolina|
|License Expiry:||Aug 2017|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Insurances accepted:||ComPsych, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Coventry, MHN/Managed Health Network, TRICARE, Aetna, Other, Medicaid, APS Healthcare, Victims of Crime, ValueOptions, First Health, Cigna|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Catreace Brown-Baker's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:05 - Aug 28, 2011 Self Medication for Anxiety
I've been experience panic attacks in the last week. Symptoms included shortness of breath, insomnia and even short spouts of "vertigo" when going down stairs. It has happened to me before, and I used mild sedatives - Valerian, Passionflowers and ...