- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Family/Marital Therapy, Humanistic, Eclectic, Existential
- Age Focus:
- Teenagers, Adults
- Anger Management, Anxiety or Fears, Psychosis, Mood Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Other, Personality Disorders, Relationship Issues, Thinking Disorders, Depression, Women
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Religious Beliefs:
- Any Religion
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- I choose it to be.
- About My Work
- I am a licensed clinical social worker with twenty plus years of experience working in the field of sexual assault and chronic mental illness. I have worked with adolescent and adult sexual perpetrators and have a private practice in Clayton, MO.
- My Story
- I am a past president with ten years of experience on a national organization for sexual abuse survivors and supporters. I have spoken on national television about sexual abuse and have given countless workshops, including a keynote address at a conference. I am extremely client-centered and unique in my approach. A professor once told me, "You are so far outside the box you don't even know there is a box." True :-)
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Widener University|
|License issued in:||Missouri|
|License Expiry:||Sep 2018|
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||$80 - $119|
|Insurances accepted:||Medicare, Out of Network, Medicaid, ComPsych|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Nan Karl's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:41 - Dec 19, 2011 Once Bitten, Twice Careful!
My 8 year old son was attacked last week by my neighbor’s German Shepard dog. I don’t know what provoked the attack because my son said it just came at him and started biting. He was in the backyard with my neighbor who is a friend and he knows the ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:48 - Nov 27, 2011 Trauma and Memory Issues
I was swarmed and mugged and beaten while walking through a park I was stupid to have been walking through very late at night. I was quite drunk at the time and honestly there is a lot about the incident that I don’t even remember. I remember these ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:11 - Nov 16, 2011 How Do I Find A Therapist?
I am dealing with a lot of stress and turmoil right now. I separated from my wife a few months ago and we are in the process of getting a divorce. It is she who is initiating all of this. I am really having a hard time coping with the sudden loss of ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:39 - Nov 13, 2011 Time Heals All Wounds (especially with therapy and patience)
I feel really awful to be writing this, but it’s been on my mind a lot lately and I think I need to reach out to try to get some answers and I am just not really sure where to go or to ask to get them. I have been with my girlfriend for 2 years. I ...