- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Relational Therapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Eclectic, Other, Interpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Seniors, Adults
- Anger Management, Anxiety or Fears, Spirituality, Compulsive Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, OCD, Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Chronic Pain or Illness, ADHD, Impulse Control Disorders, Elderly Persons Disorders, Women, Loss or Grief, Eating Disorders, Depression, Finding Your Purpose in Life
- Treatment Modality:
- Couples, Individuals
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Any Orientation
- Last updated:
- Nov 12, 2012
- Find me on:
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Every day I do what I can do and the pot never empties
- About My Work
- My clients have told me the work is enjoyable as well as challenging. I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor with a specialist interest in anxiety, relationships/couples and addiction issues. I have a safe supportive practice and work with BACP guidelines on ethical practice and supervision. You will find our person centred work is focused on your needs and creating an environment that supports your efforts. My work is supported by my training in Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- My Story
As I am a little more than 50, I have found that I can draw on considerable personal experience of the more difficult issues in life. This together with working within the Buddhist understandings of life, have given me an acceptance of the wide range of ways people try to make their lives a little better for themselves.
I have both trained in and dealt with different aspects of addiction as a family member and I have interests in eating disorders and OCD.
I came to the UK from South Africa in 1968 and I have done lots of different work, some social work, mainly secretarial, but also some technical writing, I spent 10 years living in the wilds of Yorkshire, above the snow line and I have a real appreciation of what nature contributes to living and what sustainability means, when you have very little.
|Years in Practice:||10 Years|
|Graduated from:||Bristol University, United Kingdom|
|Other Credentials:||Membership, BACP Accredited, BACP No 613906, 2009|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||Any cost|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Jill Edwards's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:08 - Jul 22, 2016 Sobriety is not as much fun as I thought it would be.
I am 6 weeks sober and I do not feel as good as I thought I would. I was expecting to have a lot of energy and enthusiasm for life again like I used to but now I find it hard to get excited about doing anything. I am forcing myself to get out and ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:07 - Jul 22, 2016 Recovery and Relationships
My partner dumped me while he was in rehab. We were together for 5 years, and had bought a house together. His drinking became so out of control that he finally ended up in jail, leaving me saddled with a huge mortgage. His treatment coincided with ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:26 - May 29, 2014 not for you
I am a recovering alcoholic with 8 years sober. I am heartbroken because my dog (a beautiful greyhound) died and this has been very upsetting to me actually it has knocked me into very severe insomnia. My dog died 2 weeks ago after getting hit by a ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:25 - Dec 17, 2013 How do I get rid of sugar cravings
I believe I am a food addict and addicted to sugar. I eat too much of everything but it is cakes and candy and cookies and even bread and pasta that I really crave and eat way too much of. If I cut out all sugar and simple carbs from my diet how ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 10:26 - Oct 07, 2013 What makes for addiction
Is it easy to get addicted to bingo? I went with my sister and she played about 20 cards at the same time. She goes twice a week. I had no idea she was so into this but she says it is a harmless socializing thing she does with her friends. What I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 03:45 - Sep 20, 2013 The reality
My brother is a really severe alcoholic. He is in very poor health. He is living with my family because he has nowhere else to go. He refuses all attempts to change him and honestly after 20 years of trying to get him to stop I have given up hope ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:28 - Aug 28, 2013 Fear and intrusive thoughts
Hi i am diagnosed with agoraphobia and OCD intrusive thoughts about children which stops me from going out mostly.Around 8 months ago i stopped smoking cannabis since then ive had depression and my ocd has got worse.Im waking up feeling scared i ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:31 - Aug 17, 2013 Tea and sympathy
Will theanine help me quit drinking and can I take it wile I am drinking about 10 to 20 drinks a day right now? I know that this herb is supposed to make people feel more relaxed and stress and frustration are big triggers for me. I am not on any ...