Donna M Hunter
- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Relational Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), EMDR, Hypnotherapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Play Therapy, Transpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Any age
- Dissociative Disorders, Mood Disorders, Gay Lesbian Issues, Anxiety or Fears, Spirituality, Compulsive Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, OCD, EMDR, Parenting, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Chronic Pain or Illness, Relationship Issues, Loss or Grief, Depression, Women
- Treatment Modality:
- Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Lesbian, Gay
- Last updated:
- Sep 17, 2012
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Everyday is a new opportunity to learn and grow
- About My Work
- I currently see individuals and families face to face in the Ft. Smith AR area. I also provide tele-health services to the state of Arkansas and Florida. Over the past 15 years I have provided professional and community education on a vareity of mental health and substance abuse topics.
- My Story
- I have been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New york State, Maine, Florida and now Arkansas. During my career, I have worked in community mental health as a therapist and program director. For the past 15 years I have been in private practice helping people finding solutions to life's challenges.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Syracuse University|
|Other Credentials:||License, Arkansas Substance Abuse Certification Board, CADC #1560, 2010|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||less than $80|
|Insurances accepted:||Magellan Behavioral Health, United Behavioral Healthcare, ComPsych, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Multiplan, UBH, TRICARE, Aetna, Medicare, Cigna, Victims of Crime, Out of Network, Horizon Healthcare, Humana, ValueOptions|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Donna Hunter's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 12:38 - Jul 22, 2016 "Dry Drunk"?
Is dry drunk a real thing? Like would a doctor or a psychiatrist say this was a real phenomenon or is this just another manufacturance from those kooky 12 steppers? As far as I can tell most everyone I have ever met in AA is dry drunking it all over ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 06:02 - Feb 13, 2014 Hitting Bottom
My brother in law brags about his sports betting but the strange things is that he and my sister have to live in a tiny apartment because they never have any money. What is up with that then? He claims to have a football betting system that can’t ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:49 - Sep 14, 2013 dip
Is using dip a good way to quit smoking? I know that cancer organizations can’t exactly recommend this method but is it at all a practical way to go? The gum doesn’t really work for me because I always still want a smoke after but dipping gives me ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:58 - Jul 03, 2013 Meth use
If a friend says she only uses meth on weekends but she has lost a lot of weight is it likely that she is actually lying to me and she is actually using it everyday and is addicted to it. She is 5 foot 6 and she used to weigh about 140 pounds. I do ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:45 - Jun 20, 2013 Am I an alcoholic
Do I have a drinking problem if I drink heavily for two months and then go on the wagon for 2 months and dry out. I have been doing this for about 3 years. My situation is I work 2 months away from home and then I am home for 2 months without work ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:03 - Feb 22, 2013 HALT
I am a recovering alcoholic with 11 months no-relapsing sober time. I am an executive salesperson for a major cosmetics brand and my (new) job involves a great deal of travel to Asia. I find the jet lag very tough to deal with and when I am tired ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:58 - Dec 11, 2012 Colleague drinking
I am a high school teacher. I witnessed one of my colleagues drinking at lunch hour. He did not see me witness him and he was trying to be very secretive about it. He is a sweet older man but it does not surprise me to learn that he has an alcohol ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:13 - Dec 01, 2012 My brother is a gambling addict. What's best kind of treatment for him?
My brother came to me for a loan. He is a gambling addict. I swore I would never give him money again but he came to me with 2 broken fingers and he said that he was going to get killed unless he paid some gangsters back what he owed. I gave him ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:12 - Dec 01, 2012 I have a real gambling problem... Will registering for a self-exclusion ban help?
I have a real gambling problem. I am thinking about registering for a self exclusion ban that would make it illegal for me to gambling in any casino in the state. I am kind of scared to do it even though I know it is the right thing to do. You can ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:01 - Nov 28, 2012 When is it alcoholism?
If my mom drinks a bottle of wine every night is she an alcoholic? I am worried about her but she says I am being crazy. I am not sure because she has a good job and she takes care of me and my brother really well but I can see that she is really ...