Donna M Hunter
- Ask Her a Question
- Therapy Orientation:
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Relational Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic, Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), EMDR, Hypnotherapy, Coaching, Humanistic, Family Systems Therapy, Eclectic, Play Therapy, Transpersonal
- Age Focus:
- Any age
- Dissociative Disorders, Mood Disorders, Gay Lesbian Issues, Anxiety or Fears, Spirituality, Compulsive Disorders, Trauma and PTSD, Life Coaching, Addiction or Substance Abuse, OCD, EMDR, Parenting, Domestic Abuse or Domestic Violence, Chronic Pain or Illness, Relationship Issues, Loss or Grief, Depression, Women
- Treatment Modality:
- Individuals, Families, Groups
- Any Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation:
- Lesbian, Gay
- Last updated:
- Sep 17, 2012
- Life Is Worth Living Because...
- Everyday is a new opportunity to learn and grow
- About My Work
- I currently see individuals and families face to face in the Ft. Smith AR area. I also provide tele-health services to the state of Arkansas and Florida. Over the past 15 years I have provided professional and community education on a vareity of mental health and substance abuse topics.
- My Story
- I have been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New york State, Maine, Florida and now Arkansas. During my career, I have worked in community mental health as a therapist and program director. For the past 15 years I have been in private practice helping people finding solutions to life's challenges.
|Years in Practice:||20+ Years|
|Graduated from:||Syracuse University|
|License issued in:||Arkansas|
|License Expiry:||Aug 2014|
|Other Credentials:||License, Arkansas Substance Abuse Certification Board, CADC #1560, 2010|
Please use the contact form on this page to find out more about the provider's remote therapy options
Cost & Payment Modalities
|Avg Cost (session):||less than $80|
|Insurances accepted:||Magellan Behavioral Health, United Behavioral Healthcare, ComPsych, BlueCross and/or BlueShield, Multiplan, UBH, TRICARE, Aetna, Medicare, Cigna, Victims of Crime, Out of Network, Horizon Healthcare, Humana, ValueOptions|
|Accepts Credit Cards:||Yes|
|Online Payments accepted:||Yes|
Please verify costs and payment modalities before you arrange your first visit
Donna Hunter's Most Recent Activity on Choose Help
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:38 - Feb 28, 2013 "Dry Drunk"?
Is dry drunk a real thing? Like would a doctor or a psychiatrist say this was a real phenomenon or is this just another manufacturance from those kooky 12 steppers? As far as I can tell most everyone I have ever met in AA is dry drunking it all over ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 05:03 - Feb 22, 2013 HALT
I am a recovering alcoholic with 11 months no-relapsing sober time. I am an executive salesperson for a major cosmetics brand and my (new) job involves a great deal of travel to Asia. I find the jet lag very tough to deal with and when I am tired ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:58 - Dec 11, 2012 Colleague drinking
I am a high school teacher. I witnessed one of my colleagues drinking at lunch hour. He did not see me witness him and he was trying to be very secretive about it. He is a sweet older man but it does not surprise me to learn that he has an alcohol ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:13 - Dec 01, 2012 My brother is a gambling addict. What's best kind of treatment for him?
My brother came to me for a loan. He is a gambling addict. I swore I would never give him money again but he came to me with 2 broken fingers and he said that he was going to get killed unless he paid some gangsters back what he owed. I gave him ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 09:12 - Dec 01, 2012 I have a real gambling problem... Will registering for a self-exclusion ban help?
I have a real gambling problem. I am thinking about registering for a self exclusion ban that would make it illegal for me to gambling in any casino in the state. I am kind of scared to do it even though I know it is the right thing to do. You can ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 08:01 - Nov 28, 2012 When is it alcoholism?
If my mom drinks a bottle of wine every night is she an alcoholic? I am worried about her but she says I am being crazy. I am not sure because she has a good job and she takes care of me and my brother really well but I can see that she is really ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:02 - Nov 25, 2012 Addiction and having children
I am 28 and I am 7 months clean. I go to AA and NA at least once a day and I am starting to take on jobs at meetings. I am not sure if I am ready to have kids or not but I am starting to consider it and I am so blessed to even be in this spot right ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 02:38 - Jul 23, 2012 Children online, and predatory advertising
My 7 year old son is always wanting play on these free games websites for kids. They really are websites that are designed with kids in mind and with basically only age appropriate games – nothing too violent or too sexy or anything like that. I ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 04:22 - May 14, 2012 Gambling- The black pit of debt
This is really messed up. I started with online poker about 6 months ago and for a while I was doing really well. At one point I was up more than ten thousand $. Now I am down almost the same amount and the big problem is I have borrowed money from ...
Q & A Reply: Facebook Share on Twitter 11:20 - Apr 05, 2012 Honesty in detox
I want to try to detox off norcos at home. My doctor prescribed to me but I have been supplementing without his knowledge. From everyone I have talked to getting some valium really helps for the withdrawal symptoms. I wasn’t to ask him for some ...