Voyeurism: Close your Blinds!

answered 02:58 PM EST, Fri June 15, 2012
-- filed under:
Is there anything wrong with voyeurism? My new neighbors do not close their blinds at night and they are very sexually active. I noticed it one night when I went downstairs for some water and I could see everything across the way. Now I am sneaking out of bed at night and looking across with binoculars almost every night for hours at a time. I find it exciting but I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is going to lead to something worse. I feel quite guilty about it afterward.

Dr. Shirley Schaye Says...

I wouldn't exactly say that this was normal but then again, don't be so hard on yourself. Let's put it this way: Most people who saw what you did would look. However, most would not get up in the middle of the night to watch. It possibly could lead to something worse. Perhaps since they don't close their blinds, you could close yours.

So: Don't get yourself up in the middle of the night to watch.

Dr. Shirley Schaye

Page last updated Jun 15, 2012

Sex Addiction: Featured Experts