Getting the Best Start

answered 07:08 PM EST, Fri June 06, 2014
-- filed under:
Is a weekend sex addiction couples retreat long enough of a time to treat an internet pornography addiction or at least get a good start on nipping this thing in the bud? The program is Christ based and it focuses on helping couples restore non sexual based intimacy as a first necessary step in a long term process of healing. The other alternative is a 45 day residential program.

Jim LaPierre Says...

Hi and thank you for your excellent question. There are a lot of variables here and very limited info for me to go on but my thoughts are:

1. a weekend is minimal and 45 days is a commitment

2 a weekend with your partner means no individual treatment and while rebuilding intimacy sounds great, it seems premature

3. better to get a handle on your self and consider what drives your addiction, what's missing, and how to rise above it and go through it all

4 What does pornography provide the life does not? How will those needs be met in healthy ways after treatment? these are things I urge you to address clinically

5. Good luck and blessed be!

Page last updated Jun 06, 2014

Call Now for
Rehab Options
Insurance Accepted
(Except Medicare)

Sex Addiction: Featured Experts