Rehab without Funds or Insurance

Comments (1)
answered 12:06 AM EST, Sun December 16, 2012
HEY JIM MY NAMES JOHN HOW ARE YOU, I JUST HAVE A QUICK ?, IM TRYING TO LOOK FOR A REHAB CENTER BUT WASNT SURE HOW TO ADMIT MYSELF WITH NO MONEY OR INSURANCE, IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY AROUND JOINING WITH NO MONEY?

Jim LaPierre Says...

Hi John,

Wish I had better news for you - rehab without insurance/money is very tough indeed.

Couple things - first, if you're going through any type of withdrawal, get to your local emergency room. They do not have to provide rehabilitation but they legally must treat you if you're medically compromised - they have to at least stabilize you.

Second - grab a phone book and call every rehab within 200 miles and ask if they have any scholarships or assistance for those without insurance.

Next - check with your local Department of Health & Human Services - I am wondering if you may qualify for Medicaid and if so that will help (still be rough but way better than nothing).

Next - get yourself to local AA and NA meetings - they have the answers you need and they're not only free - they're the true experts as far as I'm concerned. Unless you're in a very rural area, you can probably hit several meetings a day and those folks will do more to help you stay clean than anyone anywhere.

Good luck!

Related Expert Answers:

Page last updated Dec 16, 2012

24 hours ★ confidential ★ free
Drug Treatment: Featured Experts