You Don't have to Suffer Forever with Depression
Loren Gelberg-Goff Says...
The short answer is no... you do not have to stay depressed. You don't say what kind of therapy you have done, but there are a number of options to explore. Understand that depression is very much internalized anger... or anger that you do not feel you are allowed to express or entitled to feel. It may stem from childhood, or more recent issues that have arisen in your life. That said, please look into the following interventions that have been shown to be helpful, effective and beneficial in dealing with depression.
1. Hypnotherapy: By getting to the source of the issues that cause your depression it will lift. Hypnotherapy bypasses your critical/conscious mind thereby allowing your subconscious to release the energy it is holding.
2. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has been shown to be effective in breaking through blocks that can cause you to be/feel depressed. Again it allows your body to release the energy it is holding thus keeping you stuck in a depressive cycle.
3. Neurofeedback: Neurofeedback balances your right and left hemispheres of your brain. It is non invasive, and very effective in changing how you respond to situations and circumstances, thus changing your inherent reactions. when your system is not reacting the way you are used to, your responses also change. If you click on the link you can learn more about neurofeedback and see how it might benefit you.
4. Mindfulness/meditation: Often times when people feel depressed, they are stuck in negative belief systems. Learning &/or incorporating mindfulness and meditations into your day can be an enormous boost to your overall mood and sense of well-being. You can learn mindfulness and meditation strategies and incorporate them into your day. There are a few free guided meditations on my website that you can access and see how they can supplement the therapy you are doing.
5. Change your thoughts, change your life: Pay attention to your self-talk. Do you say positive or negative things to yourself? These messages matter and they do make a difference. I don't know where you live, or what services are readily available to you, but if you have questions, or need additional ideas, please contact me through my website, and I'll do my best to help steer you in the right direction.
6. BOOKS! there are a number of really good self-help books that can help you move through and out of your depressed state. Louise Hay is an excellent author and a great place to start. My book came out this past Dec. and has been very helpful to people who are not only stressed but feel very depressed. You can see if it's right for you: Being Well Within: From Distressed to De-Stressed
As you can see, you may have only touched the tip of the iceberg... Please do not give up or give in. You have options that are worth exploring. I wish you all the best as you move forward to live your life empowered and fulfilled.
Page last updated Sep 10, 2012