Making Friends/Social Stuff

answered 08:29 PM EST, Tue August 07, 2012
-- filed under: |
Can therapy teach me how to make friends? I am very alone in my life and I am tired of watching everyone else at work go out and have fun together and not invite me. I want to go with them but it is like I don't know how to make it happen and I think they think I do not like them even though this is not true. I have come to the conclusion that friends on internet forums aren't much of a substitute for real people in the same room.

Dr. Maria Rothenburger Says...

Yes!  Therapy can absolutely help you learn how to make friends!  You're right about cyber friends; somehow chatting it up or hanging out with a live person is more socially satisfying and less isolating.  I wish you well.  And I wish you a LOT of IRL friends who invite you out on a regular basis.

Be well,

~Maria

Page last updated Aug 08, 2012

Call Now for
Rehab Options
Insurance Accepted
(Except Medicare)