Can I get advice on using hallycinogenic mushrooms for spiritual growth?

answered 09:59 AM EST, Tue November 15, 2011
I am interested in the idea of using hallucinogenic drugs, like magic mushrooms, in a therapeutic way. I was reading some research on the subject and I have learned that when people use hallucinogens like mushrooms in a very controlled and therapeutic way, with the help of a therapist, that they can make some lasting gains in areas like spiritual understanding, improved relationships with others and greater over all happiness and well being.

I have tried other types of therapy but this sounds like something I would really be interested in trying. I don’t want to just ‘use drugs’, because I am sure I could find some mushrooms if I wanted to on my own, I want it to be a controlled and worthwhile and life changing experience. Do you have any information on this or any ideas on how I should proceed?

Sorry, I don't have any information for you on this. I don't frankly believe the way to personal enlightenment and inner peace requires the use of any substance, prescribed or "natural," that alters perception, mood or memory. I don't know that there is a licensed therapist foolish enough to take on such "therapy." I'd suggest talk therapy with a therapist who specializes in spiritual growth and development to explore why you either have this block to your growth or feel the need to create an alternate reality through the use of hallucinogens.

Best of luck on your life's journey.

Page last updated Nov 15, 2011

Call Now for
Rehab Options
Insurance Accepted
(Except Medicare)