Low-Cost Recovery

answered 01:55 PM EST, Tue November 08, 2011
How can I get help for my 48 year old son who is an alcoholic. He now has no job, no money and no insurance but wants help. I live on a fixed income and can not help him financially.

Melissa Borlie Says...

Melissa Borlie M. Borlie
MHR, LPC

There are several things you could do yourself or suggest to him.

1. He could go to AA and ask for help sobering up. There is no cost to that program.
  2. Click on the "Rehab Programs" tab above and see if there are any low-cost or no-cost programs in your area.
  3. Call 211 which is a state-wide referral line in many states. Explain that you are looking for a treatment program or detox center with little or no cost to the patient.
  4. Contact your state's Department of Substance Abuse for assistance in locating a program.

If these things fail, please email me again with your city and state and I'll try to dig a little deeper.

Page last updated Nov 11, 2011

Call Now for
Rehab Options
Insurance Accepted
(Except Medicare)

Alcoholism: Featured Experts