Using Dreams After Living a Nightmare

answered 08:05 AM EST, Mon September 22, 2014
Are using dreams a dangersign? I feel nervous today because of the dream I had last night that was so realistic I woke up and I could taste it in my mouth.

Jim LaPierre Says...

Hi there and thank you for your excellent question! Good news - what you're experiencing is completely natural and not a danger sign at all. I would encourage you to consider it an all too real reminder of what life is like when we return to using. Drunk dreams or using dreams are very common in recovery. It's also common that the dreams are so vivid that it can take quite a while to realize that we haven't used. I encourage folks to journal about their dreams and nightmares - it's a healthy outlet. Best of luck for your continued recovery!

Page last updated Sep 22, 2014

Alcoholism: Featured Experts