Natural Highs

answered 07:54 AM EST, Wed July 24, 2013
-- filed under: |
Is there any kind of intoxicating substance that has no negative side effects?

Jim LaPierre Says...

Your question inexplicably delights me. The short answer is "no." The better answer is what I give people who describe a desire for an "altered state of consciousness." Infatuation is an amazing high with no side effects. Love is even better but it's longer lasting and less potent (though withdrawal can be excruciatingly painful). Sex is an amazing high especially when you're with someone who not only knows what they're doing but also places a high value on reciprocity. Creativity, art work, expression and collaboration all provide me with a natural high. Connection, intimacy, new friendships and rekindling old friendships - these are the highs I value most. Hope you get to have lots of them

Page last updated Jul 24, 2013

Addictions: Featured Experts