Cleaning Up

answered 11:29 PM EST, Sun February 23, 2014
-- filed under:
How much will track marks on the forearm go away with time if I stop injecting? Can you laser treat them away?

Jim LaPierre Says...

Hi there and thanks for your question. The time it takes to heal depends upon the severity of the injection sites Larger track mark take longer to go away. Genetics play a role as well - if you generally heal quickly then they'll go faster. In most cases, a few months and they'll heal to the point of being unnoticeable. I'm actually not sure if laser treatment helps - it seems like it would. Don't get discouraged and do everything you can to get clean and stay clean.

If you find some don't fade fast enough - consider getting some tattoos - better to have something beautiful

Good luck

Page last updated Feb 23, 2014

Addictions: Featured Experts