Drug Testing

answered 04:35 PM EST, Thu October 31, 2013
-- filed under: |
Could second hand marijuana smoke cause me to fail a drug test?

Jennifer Hamilton Says...

Jennifer Hamilton J. Hamilton
LCSW, CADC

The short answer is "no", but the forum requires a lengthier reply. What I have learned through my training and professional experience is the cut off for a drug test for THC is high enough that you cannot inhale enough second hand smoke to fail a test. Now, if you are attempting to not smoke, and have been a smoker, being around those that smoke is a risky choice. That is because being around people who are using will likely lead the brain to be triggered to crave the drug. In my years of counseling, no one I have counseled has legitimately failed a drug test for THC due to second hand smoke, though many have claimed that to the judge.

Page last updated Oct 31, 2013

Call Now for
Rehab Options
Insurance Accepted
(Except Medicare)

Addictions: Featured Experts