New Clinical Advisory Board Tasked with Helping CRC Health Group Achieve Clinical Excellence
A new Clinical Advisory Board has been announced by CRC Health Group.
By Kristen Hayes, Corporate Communications Director, CRC Health Group
CRC recently unveiled the board’s 10 distinguished members who will be responsible for providing expert guidance as the company continues to develop a cutting-edge treatment delivery system called the “CRC Treatment Model.” The model will encompass the latest innovations and research, and is part of the company’s vision to become the recognized industry leader for clinical excellence.
The Board will be led by Dr. Phil Herschman, Chief Clinical Officer for CRC Health Group.
Each Clinical Advisory Board member has experience in behavioral health and/or addiction treatment or research. As a team, they will provide input on the company’s existing quality protocols to increase treatment efficacy and patient satisfaction.
“Collaboration between professionals has proven time and time again to be an exceptional catalyst for enhancing services and advancing research,” said Clinical Advisory Board member Gerald Shulman. “That CRC has taken the lead by bringing together so many outstanding individuals in the addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare world is a testament to their commitment to their patients – they are showing true dedication to providing patients with the highest quality, most evidence-based care. The willingness of a system to expend resources to enhance their patients’ treatment outcomes without an immediate return on investment is the mark of commitment to that goal. I look forward to working with this group.”
Members of the CRC Clinical Advisory Board (in alphabetical order) include:
- Dr. Kathleen T. Brady, MD, PhD – Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina, researcher
- Dr. Thomas J. Brady, MD, MBA – Medical Director of Villa Fairmont Mental Health Rehabilitation Center, Medical Director of Sausal Creek Outpatient Stabilization Clinic, behavioral health consultant
- Dr. Marc Fishman, MD – Medical Director of Maryland Treatment Centers, Member of the Psychiatry Faculty at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Current President of the Maryland Society of Addiction Medicine
- Dr. Michael T. Flaherty, PhD – Founder of IRETA (Institute for Research, Education and Training in the Addictions)
- Dr. Norman G. Hoffmann, PhD – President of Evince Clinical Assessments, Adjunct Professor of Psychology at Western Carolina University
- Jim Hudak, MPP – Chief Executive Officer of Paradigm Management Services
- General Barry R. McCaffrey, MA – Former Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, President of BR McCaffrey Associates LLC
- Cardwell C. Nuckols, MA, PhD – Author, former clinician, program director and hospital administrator
- Dr. David Powell, PhD, CCS, LADC, LMFT – President of the International Center for Health Concerns, Inc. and the Clinical Supervision Institute, author of Clinical Supervision in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling (2004)
- Gerald Shulman, MA, MAC, FACATA – President of Shulman & Associates, Training & Consulting in Behavioral Health
CRC Health Group offers a nationwide network of addiction treatment and behavioral health services and recently ranked 3rd nationally in overall mental health best practices by the MHCA. Research, outcome studies, and best practices executed by each line of the company’s business – including addiction treatment, eating disorder treatment, weight management, and therapeutic programming for troubled youth – will now reap the benefits of this national Clinical Advisory Board.
“It is an honor to be selected to participate in such an extraordinary ‘meeting of the minds,’” said Clinical Advisory Board member Dr. Thomas Brady. “I look forward to maximizing this brain trust and collectively contributing to the enhanced delivery of treatment services, specifically within CRC’s large network of programs, and more broadly, for the treatment industry at-large.”
“We are delighted to officially announce CRC Health Group’s new Clinical Advisory Board and extremely pleased with the caliber of professionals we have assembled to guide us toward an innovative CRC Treatment Model,” said Dr. Herschman.
Full bios for the Clinical Advisory Board can be found here: www.crchealth.com/about-us/cab
Page last updated Mar 14, 2012